Startup Problem

Hi all,

I am new to blender and I have just downloaded blender-2.83.2-windows64.msi and installed it in, “B:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83”. The program was already set to be installed in, “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83”, but I was given the chance to change the installation point and I did; I keep the majority of my programs in drive B:.

However, when I try to start blender it flashes a command prompt like screen and then nothing.

Has anyone any ideas on how to correct this? For example, is it looking for a file in C:\ instead of B:? If so how do I correct it?

Thank you,

john

Hi, I prefer you can start Blender from a command shell to get error messages.

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/advanced/command_line/launch/windows.html

Cheers, mib

Dear mib2berlin,

I tried what you suggested and received the following error:

ERROR : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Address: 0x0000000069876150

Module : C:\Windows\System32\atiobaxx.dll

Do you have any idea what this means and what I may do about it?

Regards,

john

Hi, this file is not Blender related bug give same error on Lotus flight sim and Minecraft, search for the file. It seams related to GPU driver problems.
Make sure you have the latest driver from the manufacturer, sometimes Windows update break driver.

Cheers, mib

Dear mib2berlin,

I have updated some of my drivers and I now get the following error:

“LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The Parameter is incorrect”

Any ideas on where to go from here?

Regards,

john

Dear All,

i have also uninstalled the blender program from my B: drive and reinstalled it on my C: drive.

however, i still get the same error as i had in my previous message.

any ideas would be welcome.

regards,

john

All,

finally i found the answer. due to the problems that i had with the motherboard the new motherboard did not come with the usual startup disk and i had to use the disk that came with the old motherboard to input the drivers.

the graphics board driver was the incorrect driver and it took a while but i finally managed to get the correct driver and that resolved my problem. everything appears to be working properly now.

regards,

john

1 Like