Static Hair Coloring Library - work in progress

Inspired by BrianH’s library for static particles, I’m building a simple library of human hair shading materials.

This library is not done yet, but is ready for initial comments. No OSA was applied, and the styling is strictly utilitarian.

http://halley.cc/blender/hair-particles.jpg
(reduced for inline viewing)

After this, and after a bit more hairstyling practice, I may make a second library which offers up to 19 ready-styled wigs. Just stretch the mesh a bit and plunk it on your characters’ heads.

Superb idea. You might want to compress the picture in .jpg for smaller size.

Really nice.
I think some might disagree on the term “dirtyblonde” though :]
Idd, 2.5 megs is a bit big.
P

(1) give me a term that’s used more widely; I wasn’t making any commentary with the name but that’s pretty much all I’ve heard it called. Maybe sandy blonde, but I don’t see how that’s less disagreeable.

(2) what’s the ‘IDD’ term, I’ve seen it but not seen it explained. I agree 2.5MB png was a bit larger than necessary, and will reduce it tonight.

Oh, and separately, I’ve added a “Salt and Pepper” channel to each material, to add some gray hairs to the mix. Unfortunately, I can’t find a way to IPO the “Brightness” parameter of a texture, so I can’t easily give an animation of someone going gray in a hurry. Other IPO-available parameters don’t seem to let me adjust the ratio of young hairs to gray hairs.