Static Text popups?

Hi guys.

Im building a small game for an english project - where you walk aroudn the township, talking to characters ( from the book were studying etc etc)…
anyway - as part of it… I need my characters to be able to say stuff… preferably through like little popups that have their quotes written down etc…

whats teh best way to ‘popup’ these peices of information? At teh moment Im thinking of having a plane facing the camera - and possible change the Image texture ( ie - lots of images containing my information which is easy)… but I cant seem to get the image showing properly(at all)… or swap textures ( ?)…

Otherwise - how would you guys recomend doing it?

Thanks

I have never done this myself, but maybe you could use a plane that is parented to the player. Or maybe a empty or something…

Put a collision cube around the NPC.

Thanks - but im looking for more the way to display the text, than the event that woudl trigger it…

optimally i would have a plan that is hidden and then the text is loaded into that from a file (python)… but for now i might have a plan near the character ( and as this is only really a bit of fun) - just make the player move to read the text…

The issue is more getting the text onto the object… As i said, preferably loaded from a text file… but if need be - I’m happy to make images etc or seperate whatevers etc. if you knwo what i mena…

thanks

You could always have the text there but have it so the text says nothing, i.e “”. This way the text wont show up and when its needed just change the text.

Have the text variable set to " " then have a script like:

if ColSen.isPositive():
Own.Text = “This will be displayed.”
else:
Own.Text = " "