Steah - Sketchbook

Made some time to play today:

I think I like the blue one a little bit more…

6 Likes

looks awesome! I prefer the red one…

1 Like

and i the blue one

1 Like

More landscape practice. Certainly need more texturing practice! Unsure if I should add any vegetation to this one…

2 Likes

More silly fun.

2 Likes

I decided to try to model a Nordic gnome for the holidays. Trickier than I thought it’d be…

Need to work on the beard some more, and do something for the background.

Made some more gnomes, and hung them from a tree. I made several more hats, so I’ll put gnomes under them, and hang them too.

3 Likes

I haven’t been blendering much lately. But I did make some time to play with USGS lidar data. This experiment was to play with the new point rendering. The ground and trees are from the lidar data. For the ground, I created a surface with each final return. For the trees, I filtered out the noise and rendered points on each non-final return. I also added a little noise to the tree return positions to break up the obvious lines.
The colors are obviously trash. I need to find a good source of optical data which can be lined up with the lidar. Anyway, I think this method has some promise for background vegetation; it renders out pretty quick (the volumetrics for the clouds, not so much).

1 Like