Steampunk MMORPG

before i answer that, did you read my last post carefully? i can only code in Java and im learning c++ at the moment. looks like all your questions are to do with python i.e pointers are references in java. etc etc. i also said :

im not a 3d artist
I used to use blender for its game engine but after a few months i moved on to unity3D.

I do know the basics of networking and could familiarize myself with TCP and UDP in a day or 2 so thats no problem, i have some knowledge on that topic though.

MY answer to Question 2 is yes 100% research and i have links, but the main problem is you code in python whereas i dont!

EDIT: thanks for spending your time on giving the links.

I like to think I read your post perfectly. I’ll respond to your responce in order of topic.

I noticed you said you weren’t an artist.

After you learn tcp and udp post again and I will show you how far I am in the programing. What I need most right now is someone to read over my code and make sure its optimised.

Question 2, isn’t a yes or no question. So i don’t know what you are refering to.

Why did you give me Python-related links if you know im not a a python programmer but rather a java/c++ programmer?

I will go over tcp and udp tonight/tomorrow and ill show you what i learned, and from then we can make further plans hopefully.

Question 2, isn’t a yes or no question. So i don’t know what you are refering to.

is it some essay response kind of question or is it just rhetorical? i gave you an answer to that question, maybe you need to rephrase it into: you gave a very undetailed answer

or shall i say : I am exposed to client-server communication and i have done research on networking, even though i have not exactly ‘worked’ with networks to the extent you’d probably want me to.

thanks.

You answered:

Looking for a duration for question 2. Upon reading you last response I have realized you meant question #3. Kind-of my fault, I should have seen how your answer worked for question 3 much better than 2.

As for the python links, I gave you those links because you will need to know python to work on this project as a programer. Especially as the person checking over my code considering its 100% python. You can work in blender with c++ however it is very difficult, and I don’t want to mix python and c++ code in this project. I also program in c++ (two semesters in college) and I can tell you it shouldn’t be too hard to learn python.

*We should continue this in PMs as its more PM kind of chat and I don’t want to bump other people’s posts down this rapidly.

Check inbox.

Does anyone have a environment they would part with so I can test doing the maps?

you should discuss your team projects here, alot of people do it all the time and also people can see how you’re actually progressing.

What size enviroment would you like? Have you set a scale to your game world?

I only need a test environment to test a loading screen and different aspects of the game. So for this I would say a large environment, so I can test the limits.

I don’t want to make too many updates because then I bump other people’s post down. I do have a check list on the original post that shows my current progress. Video updates will also appear when larger chunks are done.

This is something I am throwing together to test my batch of base textures I am making right now.
It has a basic free roam camera attatched.
If your interested I can fork it over in a day or two when it has some more stuff.

Sure, that looks like a good testing ground.

Progress on the test Lvl

I would like to help out too as a character modeller :smiley: pm me and give me your facebook so I can show you some of my artworks

Hello… my fellow deep sparcimen… it is me…

Hello… fellow deep spacemen…it is me…

This is a very nice game you have here. I may be able to supply you with some models.

This is a very nice game idea. I may be able to help with modeling.

Is this project dead?

No, but I am taking a different approach. Decided to work on most of it and get a good base before asking for help. Also, I kind-of moved it to unity, so not really a blender topic anymore besides models are concerned. I am making it more programming based than art based, so people will be impressed by the algorithms than art, because that is all I can do.