Stencil over another stencil?

I have a problem making a stencil texture showing on top of another stencil texture. I have a plane with a black shiny material, to which I have applied a BW image of a spiral as an alpha texture. I want to have the BW image of a word (as an alpha texture) show on top of the spiral stencil, but somehow I can’t make it right.

Here’s what I want:

And here;s what I get:

how do I achieve a result like the first image?

Attachments

Stencils will affect everything bellow it in the texture stack. Including other stencils.
I can’t help much more as I did not understand fully your problem. Perhaps you could show us an screenshot of the texture stack and the images you are using?

Thanks for the reply. I’m stilled quite bummed with this. Here’s my texture stack (I’m using only the checked textures):
/uploads/default/original/3X/5/b/5b7eac0d49eb7f0662c96ba5b8ca1a6bf3393291.JPGstc=1&d=1250671360

The mask for the spiral is this one (with its colours inverted inside blender):

And the mask for the word home is this:

/uploads/default/original/3X/2/f/2ff8bbcdc6c9e030d0425a044622a6fb6f632add.jpgstc=1&d=1250671360

I tried changing their order in the texture stack but nothing changed. I wonder how else I could achieve what I want to show.

Attachments

““Stencils will affect everything bellow it in the texture stack. Including other stencils.””

This is true, what you are trying to do is impossible with two texture stencils, instead combine them.

Be sure you’ve

Selected UseAlpha, CalcAlpha, and NegAlpha in the texture panel