Stepping tTrough Animation/Pose in Blender 2.5

In blender 2.49 i could evaluate a pose using something like armatureObject.evaluatePose(frameNumber) which i used to step through an animation and the get the values of the posed bones at any frame using pose = armatureObject.getPose()/pose.Update()

what is the equivalent way of doing this in 2.5? I’m sorry if this has already been covered, but i can’t find the exact answer i want usinga search. I have found the Pose structure within the Object(ID) type, but i can’t quite figure out what to do with it.

Thanks for any help/suggestions

I’ve been going through the documentation a little more have have come across bpy.ops.anim.change_frame(frame) unfortunately no matter what number i put into this function is just resets my current actions frame to 0 :frowning:

I have figured out how to get the current pose bones transform information through Object.pose.bones[“Bone Name”], and if i manually set the frame counter to the number i want i do get the correct values. So can anyone help me with setting the frame number by script? is there something i need to do before bpy.ops.anim.change_frame(frame) or am i completely wrong there?

Thanks again for any help or suggestions.

bpy.data.scenes[‘Scene’].frame_current = 10
bpy.data.scenes[‘Scene’].set_frame(10)

Both do the same thing.

Looks like they fixed the frame_current updating bug as well.

That works perfectly. thank you very much :slight_smile: