Stereo Camera Python Script for Blender 2.5

I’m using this add-on and I have to say that it works VERY WELL!!!
Thank you, noeol, for your work and this awesome contribution to Blender!!
I just can’t solve that calculations at you website to achieve the comfort zone… that equations are too hard to my math knowledge… :frowning:

PS: Your name is Sebastian Schneider? My name is Everton Schneider… :slight_smile:

Your script works Really well! I am a old nooby and I figured out (thanks to your youtube video ) how to use it for anaglyph, and If I can figure it out and make it work ( in v. 2.6.2 even ) then most everyone else will too.

Thank you for your GIFT to us in Blender community who used to use Maya etc. and now don’t need the trooly snooty Ottodeska and ilka. Glory on You Noeol! sieg heil!

Just as a matter of interest could thist script be used to make something 3d viewable if I kept those 3d glasses that I got from watching the Avengers in the movies.

you talking about polarizing filter glasses?
they require polarized light, thus a special computer screen or video projector + Stereoscopic output support for Blender

So to use this I need those red and blue plastic lens glasses?

Just a bump up to get an answer to my last question.

search for anaglyph and you can answer the question yourself :wink:

how can i render the side by side Squached with alpha

hi, this script works very well, until I play with DoF in Cycles.
It doesn’t copy the aperture of center camera to the left and right side.
So, I write a short script to automate it.

import bpy

thisCam = bpy.data.objects["L_Camera"]

thisCam.data.cycles.aperture_blades = bpy.data.objects["Camera"].data.cycles.aperture_blades
thisCam.data.cycles.aperture_size = bpy.data.objects["Camera"].data.cycles.aperture_size
thisCam.data.cycles.aperture_rotation = bpy.data.objects["Camera"].data.cycles.aperture_rotation
thisCam.data.cycles.aperture_type = bpy.data.objects["Camera"].data.cycles.aperture_type 

thisCam = bpy.data.objects["R_Camera"]

thisCam.data.cycles.aperture_blades = bpy.data.objects["Camera"].data.cycles.aperture_blades
thisCam.data.cycles.aperture_size = bpy.data.objects["Camera"].data.cycles.aperture_size
thisCam.data.cycles.aperture_rotation = bpy.data.objects["Camera"].data.cycles.aperture_rotation
thisCam.data.cycles.aperture_type = bpy.data.objects["Camera"].data.cycles.aperture_type 

I’d like to append this to the addon myself, but I’m just beginning to learn python for a few days.

is there a way to do 3D post in steareo with your addon, i need to 3D track a shot, and then add 3D elements (text but 3D geotext) , and then output it in both videos?

Yes, anaglyph output and colored glasses is the only way to display stereoscopic content on standard screens. It’s red-cyan by the way. There are also other color combinations having advantages and disadvantages. But red-cyan is the most popular and Blender game engine supports this.

Hi I just downloaded version 1.6.7. And it seems to not be working in blender 2.66. I set up the rig, and the nodes, making sure I have compositor selected in post process, and it doesn’t seem to do anything… as in it renders one image.

EDIT: Ok I got in touch with Noeol, and it seems I had overlooked the “set camera scene” button. All is better :smiley:

I’m not able to get the compositor presets to work…
Veggiet, how did you contact with noeol?
Someone is facing the same problem here?
Can somebody help with this?

Any news? Presets not working on 2.67 too

the nodes part is not working on 2.67 :frowning:
also the website is not working either for some reason :confused:

My work around is to just run the node presets part into the older version(2.65) and group all nodes; save the file; open 2.67 and append the nodetree from the 2.65 file. This is working but is a workaround…