Stereoscopic view won't enable in the viewport

I’m having a frustrating problem here that hopefully someone knows the answer to.

The problem is I can’t enable the Cyan-Red sterescopic view in the viewport no matter what I do, unless I do a factory reset, which I don’t want to do.

I’m thinking there must be a setting in the Preferences or something that I need to enable/disable to make it work. But I’ve gone through all the settings I could see, but can’t find anything that resolves the issue.

Attaching my startup file, which should replicate whatever is causing the problem.

I’m using Blender 2.79b.

startup.blend (511.0 KB)
Place in C:\Users\ Username \AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\config\
(“Username” should be your computer user name. Make sure to backup your original before doing this )

Can anybody confirm this is happening? And if this is easier, here’s a .blend file with a sample scene with stereoscopics set up:

StereoSceneSample.blend (569.7 KB)

To confirm problem:

1. Place the startup.blend in the post above in C:\Users\ Username \AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\config\ (“Username” should be your computer user name. Make sure to backup your original before doing this)
  2. Fire up Blender 2.79.
  3. Enable stereo view in viewport (instructions here if unsure) and look through the camera (or simply use the sample scene provided).

If the problem exists, it should look like this:

If it doesn’t, it’ll look like this: