stereotypical alien thingy, but with hair...

Hmm… It’s ok… :wink:

We’re not worthy! :o

Wow! Can’t wait to see the intro… the hair is absolutely cool. And this ‘demanding’ expression on his face - cool!

Awesome! :o
I especially like how the light hits the beard. How on earth did you do that?

Great work Eyecandy (I’ve been taught not to use your real name again ;))
Could you explain us how you achieved such a great hair/beard/eyebrows? I assume these are alphamapped planes, but I can’t get the same result as speaking of reaction to light and shades of colors. I’m currently working on a picture for which I’ll need realistic hair. I’d be so thankfull if you agreed to take the time to teach me a few tricks.
Thanks mate and keep it up.
-IS-

PS: if your animation for the bc is that good I’ll regret not beeing able to come and see it on full screen :frowning:

AMAZING! :o

How long did that take you?

BTW I can’t seem to click on anything on your site. :expressionless:

You have to click on the “hom.img.ani.faq” text at the top-left of the page.

You are seriously the man @ndy. Great hair.

The eyes are indeed off for me as well. Just looks like a texture that was added to a sphere. No depth to them.

BTW, I still owe you that house. I’ll get it to you shortly. Just too much going on here right now.

BgDM

I agree about the eyes; look a little flat.

But everything else is suberb, great job! 8)

-Obiwan

This is probably one of the best lighting scenes I have ever seen…

Well @ndy, I must say I am impressed. But then again, there’s the annoying problem that most everything you post is impressive. I demand that this tendency come to a stop at once.

I guess my only crit would be that the lower part of the eye blends in with the skin. Fantastic job; continue to impress us!

why isn’t this on CGtalk yet? Or am I just not looking well enough?

Anyways, I disagree about the eyes. They’re not the eyes you’d expect, but who’d expect to see an alien at all? I think the eyes create some sort of mistery, and add a bit of character to the creature. It also looks like a galaxy seen from afar, and I find this a great addition.

My main crit would be that at some places the material looks a wee bit off. The neck looks great, so does the front of the face, but the cheek to ear area has something strange. I think the cloud texture is a bit too appearent, and mabye even a bit stretched.
Also, I’ve got a few problems with the hair. First of all, the difference in texture size between the skin and hair is too much. The skin looks blurred, while where the hair comes out of it, it looks detailed up to the very pixel. Second, the hair attached to the ear loses its sense of depth a bit. It’s just suddenly there, due to the very dark shadow.
Finally, I’ve got a small problem with the blue/green glow on the left. It adds a great sense of depth, and once again adds a bit to the mistery, but I feel it takes the balance out of the picture. Maybe try to add a smaller, more distant and even less noticable (more subtle) “thing” to the right too.

Nontheless, your work is once again the best blender work I’ve seen since your previous piece
I’ve got myself a new desktop :wink:

supreme job!

• Bentagon

And it’s only a relaxing piece, just the sort of minor thing you do along a major project, the master says. :o

Andy, we are all unworthy, and cant bow low enough.

Awesome worj @ndy I really love the rendering and so on. They should BANN you for life in jail to create blender tutorials :stuck_out_tongue:

Incredible! …all I have to say :smiley:

I see that @ndy is back … I like the image alot … also I think that the hair is great… it’s not often that you see a grey alien with hair … haha they are bold…but it turned out great … @ndy always keeps on ticklin my 3d snare…

md01

Okay, I’m back with some crits from my girlfriend, the art history major :wink:

She notes that the beard looks a little odd because its cut is too perfect.

It’s not, even mine is more even than this alien’s, and I don’t have some outer-space future technology to cut it, just some plain scissors :slight_smile:

Geesh! Would you mind doing a CRAPPY image for a change? We’re starting to feel miserable here :stuck_out_tongue:

@ndy seems to be good enough that he doesn’t know how to make crappy images, his 3D talent has been etched too far into his brain.