Steve

Hey everyone!

This is a remake from an old image that I didn’t like the result too much, but still think was a good idea so I decided to try again recently.

It was made using mainly Blender, Substance Painter for the face, hands and clothes textures. Render was done in Cycles and post production in Blender’s compositor.

Hope you liked!

50 Likes

Not a single bad thing to say. The modeling, materials and lighting are excellent. Hair looks great and the skull keychain was a nice touch. Cheers!

2 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

You’re #featured! :tada:

1 Like

Is it me or do the legs feel out of proportion?

anyway looks great.

1 Like

I still love this! maybe leave a link to the old one- Also I’d like to request a one to one comparison between the two— then like a 4k wallpaper one ^-^

1 Like

Thank you Bart! :heart:

Thank you! Here is the old one.

2 Likes

Awesome, the old one was great, this is even better! I like Black Metal and am Vegan… but I look nothing like this. I only eat broccoli with sauce.

2 Likes

Love it … very well done <3

1 Like

eating brains, is he? :mask:

1 Like

Again an epic rendering from you.

To be honest though, I prefer the old one.
The old one had more of a weirdly happy feeling to it, almost a bit like a good old comic strip.
The new one, feels cooler, more straight to the point. It is really well made, don’t get me wrong, but something is missing. I got the old one in my desktop-wallpapers switcher by the way. The new one will probably join soon.

Sooo, tipps: Hm. Not much really. Give Steve a background - complete black doesn’t really work. Personally I’d go for some medium bright to light colour, maybe some 70s tapestry, but if you want a dark theme, put up a poster behind Steve. If you really don’t want a background, but focus only on him, make a slight gradient, so it is a bit brighter around Steve. Other than that, not much to say, except “Awesome artwork!”.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! I’m very glad that you were using it as wallpaper. :blush:

Anytime. I’m glad too. :sunglasses:
:+1:

1 Like