Sticking a new mesh to clothing piece, newbie in 3d

Hello, im a newbie to 3D and just hit a bump working on my simple figure model.

Edited post:
Basically im now stuck not knowing how this sort of thing should be approached
how can i add white bones to the suit (bone halloween costume) and texture it differently from the suit fabric.

segment
This is the sketch in PS for the bones and on this second image i started to add a second mesh for the white bones. https://imgur.com/rDW7SG7

Im gonna have a problem rigging this figure after right? Is there a correct way of doing this?

ps. sorry for my english.

If you want the white bones to cover the star speckled texture for the fabric, then the easiest thing to do is make the bones a texture and blend that texture with the texture for the fabric.

Here a quote from another thread about a different issue where I talk about how you can have the mixRGB nodes work the same way as layer in gimp or photoshop:

If you want to have the bones use a different shader from the one used for the fabric, then you need to create a mask (the alpha channel from the bones texture will work if you created it over a transparent background).

You just plug your mask into the “fac” socket of a mix shader, then connect the bone texture color to the shader you want and plug that into the bottom socket of the mix shader. The shader for the fabric should be in the top socket of that same mix shader.

1 Like

Hi, thanks so much for helping out with this solution!
I wasn’t even sure i explained it right what I’m trying to do :slight_smile:

So yeah I’m gonna work on it right now, and start hand painting the bones with transparency.
Its going to be a bit slow tho - since i’m new :slight_smile: but i will post the result when i get it working.

It works :smiley:

But yeah i’m gonna scrap the glittery material xD to say the least.
Thanks for helping out - again.

I used screen in my example from that other post, but if you are using the alpha channel as a mask, then it would be better to leave the blend mode on mix. That way the bones won’t look transparent.

Oh, no problem there,
I myself did try to blend them together more, since it was a visual conflict/didn’t look good.
What i imagined was going get a fake roughness for light, turns out i need normal map for that.

Back to tutorial watching for me :slight_smile:

And sorry for late reply, was away from pc.