Stickman fighter game

The game is about fighting with a stickman figure. (In game, Do not use the camera. Just front view)

Controlls:

What I have so far:

Spacebar - add an enemy
A - Kick
DownArrow - handplant
DownArrow -> A - handplantkick. (Wait a while after handplanting)
UpArrow - jump
UpArrow -> A - jump kick
Arrows - Walk.
D - Grab (far from finished)
(With sword equipped) A - sword hit (also not finished)

What I am gonne make so far:

S - Hit with arms
D -> A - Grab and kick away
D -> S - Grab and hit with arms
D -> S -> S -> S - Grab and hit hit hit…

Some screens:

And of course, the project:

ZIP file: Click here (old link, new one below)
Blend file: Click here (old link, new one below)

Updates: 07 - 02 - 09

Oke, the progress fo far. I’ve made an enemy in the game today. Still need some things fixed but its a start.

(Kill enemy wile just stand and press A Button).

Zip file: Click here
Blend file: Click here

Ps: Really need a scripter to put all the loge bricks into python code.

Thx already =]

You can solve your problems. Keep trying. Making a game is a lot of work, and you can’t expect everyone to solve everything for you.

I had the same problem in 2.47 with the lag with the texture! I would try using 2.48.1 I think i could help with some stuff what would you like me to help you with?

You can solve your problems. Keep trying. Making a game is a lot of work, and you can’t expect everyone to solve everything for you.

I don’t expect everyone to solve this all. And most of the problems I get I solve myself but the texture thing never happened to me before so I don’t know what to do.

And if someone findes a good solution, I learn a lot from that.

I had the same problem in 2.47 with the lag with the texture! I would try using 2.48.1 I think i could help with some stuff what would you like me to help you with?

I have blender 2.48a but still the lag. And thanks if u want to help me. =] I would like you to help me with the fighting module but I am also very thankfull for any other help. =]

i sent you a pm

Looks nice, 2D games in blender are kind of interesting, since you can have 2D characters and terrain, but 3D effects.

BTW the_creator, it’s kind of unnessesary to post that you sent him a PM.

I know i just had to say that! lo! sorry guys!

Looks nice, 2D games in blender are kind of interesting, since you can have 2D characters and terrain, but 3D effects.

BTW the_creator, it’s kind of unnessesary to post that you sent him a PM.

Yea, I know :stuck_out_tongue: And Its also easier to make some of the movements this way =’]

In response to the texture lag problem. Make sure that there isn’t two planes in the exact same spot, that can lead to problems. Also make sure that the plane is a “no collision” object, It might help. The size of the picture may also make it lag (for example if the picture is 1 Gb it might cause serious lag). If none of this helps, try just redoing the plane. :spin:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/clear.gifIn response to the texture lag problem. Make sure that there isn’t two planes in the exact same spot, that can lead to problems. Also make sure that the plane is a “no collision” object, It might help. The size of the picture may also make it lag (for example if the picture is 1 Gb it might cause serious lag). If none of this helps, try just redoing the plane. :spin:

The planes are only crossing but not on the exect same place… The image is a only 10 kb. And I made it gost but doens help =[

What res is the image? Are you using glsl? Computer specs please. Sounds to me like you have a shitty video card.

Its just a bmp file image of 300x300. And I’ve never had this problem before so kinda must be a bug or somthing.

Use a 256x256 and see if that improves performance. Also convert from .bmp to .png with alpha. BMPs are renowned for being large files…

Haven’t made any progress jet because I was away on holliday.

But I changed a little with the needed controlls (Grab).

Note: Updated 21-01-09

Ok, so you sent me a PM describing to make your game online. Have you any experience in scripting? Did you do the research?

Basically, this is how it works. You have a server(which can be written in any programming language you know - suggested to use a dynamic language for better threading and speed) and you need a client script. The client script has to be in python. The client script uses the internet to send packages(Strings, integers, or whatever) to the server. The server process this information and sends it back to all the rest of the clients so they know your position and processes that you are doing.

What is required?

The client: Here’s a ultra simple client…

import GameLogic
import Rasterizer
from socket import*

Controller = GameLogic.getCurrentController()
Owner = Controller.getOwner()
ObjectList = GameLogic.getCurrentScene().getObjectList()

Once = Controller.getSensor("Once")
MouseOver = Controller.getSensor("MouseOver")
Click = Controller.getSensor("Click")

Login = Controller.getActuator("Login")

if Once:
	Rasterizer.showMouse(1)

GameLogic.host = "www.google.ca"
GameLogic.port = 80
GameLogic.socket = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM)

def Connecting():
	try:
		GameLogic.socket.connect((GameLogic.host, GameLogic.port))
		GameLogic.addActiveActuator(Login, 1)
	except:
		pass

if MouseOver.isPositive():
	if Click.isPositive():
		Connecting()

The server depends greatly on what you have. If you have a python IDE, (you can use IDLE a python GUI) and execute python scripts you write in word or notepad.

Your server will look something like this…

from socket import *
import re, thread

HOST = "localhost"
PORT = 5005
BUF = 1024
ADDR = (HOST, PORT)

server_socket = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM)
server_socket.bind(ADDR)
server_socket.listen(2)

clients = [ ]

def find_socket(user):
	global clients
	found = 0
	for client in clients:
		if client[0] == user:
			return client
			found = 1
	if not found:
		return 0

def handle_login(data, client_socket):
	global clients
	groups = re.match('(type=)(.*)( user=)(.*)( passw=)(.*)', data )
	user = groups.group(4)
	passw = groups.group(6)
	if user == passw:
		print "-Login attempt with '" + user + "' successful"
		client_socket.send("type=login user=" + user +" success=1")
		clients.append([user, client_socket])
		return(user)
	else:
		print "-Login attempt with '" + user + "' unsuccessful"
		client_socket.send("type=login user=" + user + " success=0")

def handle_chat(data, client_socket):
	global clients
	groups = re.match('(type=)(.*)( from=)(.*)( to=)(.*)( message=)(.*)', data )
	sender = groups.group(4)
	reciever = groups.group(6)

message = groups.group(8)
	print "-Chat message; " + sender + ": " + message
	if reciever == "all":
		for client in clients:
			client[1].send(data)
	else:
		client = find_client(reciever)
		if client != 0:
			client[1].send(data)

def handle_client(client_socket, ap):
	global clients
	while 1:
		try:
			data = client_socket.recv(BUF)
			if not data: a = on_purpose_error
			command = re.match('(type=)(.*?)( )(.*)', data ).group(2)
			if command == "login":
				user = handle_login(data, client_socket)
			elif command == "chat":
				handle_chat(data, client_socket)
		except:
			try:
				clients.remove(find_socket(user))
			except:
				pass
			print "-Client from:", ap, "disconnected"
			client_socket.close()
			break

while 1:
	(client_socket,ap) = server_socket.accept()
	print "-Client from:", ap, "connected"
	thread.start_new_thread(handle_client, (client_socket, ap))

sever_socket.close()

Once you set up a connection… Your GameLogic.socket.* is basically what you use for all the internet game play. GameLogic. just makes it a global method meaning all scripts can use it. You’ll most likely use GameLogic.socket.send(“text”)… It has to be in the form of a string, you can’t send numbers or anything. So, if you have an integer, just use pythons str(int) method. For example…

GameLogic.socket.send(user+" "+str(LocX)+" "+str(LocY)+"
")

I can’t really go into further detail… but look it up! You’ll find many resources. I hope this helps.

Regards,
H Y P E R R E A L

When i try download, it loads the website fine, but cant find the Url to allow me to download it. I REALLY want to try it, it looks good.

hi i think i can help you cause iam pretty handy with blender.

I don’t think he is working on this game anymore. He has a nw project now if you wish to join it. http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=189781