Stiff cloth objects?

Does anyone know if its possible to make a cloth object behave more like a rigid body? I’ve tried playing around with the siffness values, but not really getting a stiff surface. Any settings known would be appreciated!

This is with 2.5 btw.

Thanks

What do you mean rigid?

If you mean more like leather, I would try one of the presets.

I have not looked at 2.5 cloth yet though.

What do you mean rigid?
Like a rigid body. :slight_smile: As far as I can tell, there is currently no way to render out a rigid body sims from the GE in 2.5, so as a workaround I thought maybe the cloth or soft body stuff could be coaxed into giving rigid body like performance.

Sorry. I don’t know anything about the GE. And still, I am not sure what you are trying to do exactly. If you mean a character that is boned? Is the rigid body animated in some way? How? There are ways to export vertex information. You can use the export to mdd script. (Unlike LW where you’d apply a soft body with no peramiters to export an mdd) You can just do that from Blender on any object. That would be better than creating a vertex group for the entire object, add cloth and then fix it so the bones would move it. Assuming you are using bones.

Well maybe someone else better take a crack at it and in the mean time, be even more - believe it or not - specific. :eyebrowlift:

i think its impossible :eek: try doing it in 2.49 then open it up in 2.5 after baking the animation… tell me if its possible, i read that the ipo editor in 2.5 was revised so im not also sure if itll work :confused:

Your best bet may be to be patient – if I remember correctly, the ability to bake rigid body interactions (without using the GE) is going to be put into 2.5 (at some point).

Your best bet may be to be patient – if I remember correctly, the ability to bake rigid body interactions (without using the GE) is going to be put into 2.5 (at some point).

Thanks Guys - I think I’ll hang on for a while then. Sadly I’m also clueless about the GE - basics are ok, but anything that requires ‘break on collision’ type setups I’ll have to wait for.

Can’t import any animation from 2.49 to 2.5 by the looks of things. Perhaps we could have the MDD importer brought back, so we can create the RBD sims in 2.49 then render with the smoke and stuff in 2.5.

Can’t import any animation from 2.49 to 2.5 by the looks of things. Perhaps we could have the MDD importer brought back, so we can create the RBD sims in 2.49 then render with the smoke and stuff in 2.5.
[/QUOTE]

I tell a lie - actually simple animation is coming in now. mmm…I’ll try something more complex.