[poll] bge šŸ†š upbge

[ WARNING ]
[1] This is not a contest.
[2] This is not an UPBGE troll thread (I donā€™t want this thread locked, so please be nice)

=====================================================================
Hi all.

Iā€™ve seen a lot of this :arrow_down: and was wondering is this based on myth or fact.
Pros using Vanilla BGE
Begineers using UPBGE

[ QUESTION ]
Which one do you use (?)

• (default) BGE
    • (3rd party) UPBGE
    • BOTH
    • Havenā€™t used either enough to form an opinion

0 voters

3 Likes

whatā€™s the purpose of this survey ? If you see more BGE games, itā€™s because itā€™s older and upbge came when the use of Blender as a game engine went on a decrease (look forum activity - 3,4 games are updated, around 2010-12 i see more activity). Also, i think that most people start their game on BGE (just to see) and 'll figure later if they want to port it to upbge. But as you know, most people give up on their game.

3 Likes

@blenderaptor
I created this poll for several reason.

[1] Iā€™ve been debating whether or not I should switch to UPBGE due to BGE versions not being compatible with UPBGE.

[2] Is Vanilla BGE really dead and the community hates it.

[3] People donā€™t even know BGE exists and think UPBGE is just another new game engine built for gamemaking.

The physics can be a bit wonky if you donā€™t know what youā€™re doing.
With that aside, itā€™s the same engine plus goodies and bugfixes.

2 Likes

I still use the BGE. It was in reverse for me. I used UPBGE but then I worked backwards and went back to BGE because UPBGE was not as stable for my very narrow purposes. HOWEVER UPBGE is amazing and has tons of awesome features.

2 Likes

The files I created were done in the game engine, when I tried them in a copy of the blender community custom program, they didnā€™t load correctly. So Iā€™d stick with the game engine. The foundation put an end to it, I guess if I want to use anything I created in the new versions, may be just using the main objects and then build a level around it is the solution. Sparks effects for weapons are available in the new versions arenā€™t they?

1 Like

Hi @modelinblender

Do you mean Particle_System perhaps (?)

What ever, I donā€™t know.

@modelinblender

:ok: :wink:

Hey all

Epic tie with 7 vs 7 on BGE vs UPBGE.

Anymore more BA users who care to comment on their preferred engine (?)

well, we know now that thereā€™s not lot of people around on this forum/bge

1 Like

this is a per game or experience based decision. you should choose what to use based on what works for you.

try a game on upbge 0.2.0 and if it doesnt work, try on other versions till you get a more satisfying result. if not, find a work around. its very much a game to make a game :wink:

HI @Daedalus_MDW

I already decided on which game engine Iā€™m going with.

Ultimately now, I just want to see if BGE beats UPBGE or vice-versa.

[ EDIT ]
@Daedalus_MDW
Pick your engine.
We all know your pro BGE :wink:

my pick is 2.74 vanilla bge. ill move to another engine before parting ways it.

i have to use upbge 0.2.0 for a project im helping on, and its pretty solid.

@Daedalus_MDW

So do the (BOTH) button please :slightly_smiling_face:

[ EDIT ]
You already chose BGE.
Never mind.

THIS SHOULD SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS AS TO WHY UPBGE - sises to exist!

uuhhhmmm :thinking: idk guys to me UPBGE seems to have more capabilities!
[ RECENT - UPDATE ]

[ Old GPLY UPDATE ]

:thinking: :grin::+1: and i think that TBW has proven that already!

Fred/K.S

4 Likes

But i like yr POLL keep bringing up things like this then weā€™ll get to see the users that are still actively developing their games on the Game Engine side of The Blender Software!

Fred/K.S

1 Like

UPBGE - EEVEE starts a new Branch and lineage for future of UPBGE to carry on the Legacy that BGE started, and @BluePrintRandom agreeā€™s with me on this one! (And i say this BOLDLY)

The only problem with BGE is that its not being updated thatā€™s my problem with it i can make a game from start to finish on BGE normal but i feel my game wont meet the targeted expectations that normal users would expect out of a game being made in this day and age but using an old Engine!

Like ive always said in the past the Engine doesenā€™t matter its meerly just a tool (A means to an End) the Tool is supposed to help us do what we would be able to do in other Game Engines but with a much better workflow!

WORKFLOW is ONE of the only reasons why weā€™re all here using this Engine!
and also because its Easy to use let alone Python Coding tooā€¦

I may be wrong in my statement but i hope my point has been stated clearly to express my point of view.

and @RPaladin im asking you PLEASE, i ask KINDLY pls donā€™t point out anything ive just said in this message like you normaly do in a Trollish way to others, i may be completely wrong in my own opinions and point of view but i accept the fact that im not perfect at all no one is, so pls understand buddy. (I ask Kindly)

im kindly saying my point in this message, im not here to start a feud or a WAR or be biased against anyoneā€™s views i completely accept your point of viewā€™s too, so pls understand my point!

Not a Troll Either! (Im just a simple fanboy trying to express my personal viewā€™s and expressions nothing more)

Fred/K.S

4 Likes

@Fred_K.S

I guess your not trying to start a BGE WAR with THE BLENDER WARS :wink: :rofl: :grin:

But I get what your trying to say :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

Long live BGE! (somewhat)

-|[RandomPerson]|-

1 Like

If I had to choose a graphics engineā€¦ I think Iā€™d go with OGRE. Really capable, simple MIT license, prefers you to code in C++ like a big boy. The problem is in order to make a game engine out of OGRE you need to go a few extra miles, itā€™s not very friendly towards a total begginer.

Blender, on the other hand, is pretty light-weight, doesnā€™t require you to surf through any additional libraries and letā€™s you do your art and logic stuff back-to-back. Hell yeah.

All in all, ā€œway simple yet pretty darn capableā€ is how Iā€™d describe most incarnations of BGE.

2 Likes