Still: Apples

Heya, this is really my first good render with Blender 2.34 so hopefully you guys will like it, but give me some crits as well :wink: I model with Silo but it was all textured with ramp shaders and rendered using ambient occlusion with the internal Blender renderer. It’s a wip cause I’m not totally finished with the shaders, I want to do some Zbrush2 work with them and use Blender’s displacment mapping and bump mapping for more detail…

Render:
http://www.emisis.net/images/3d/apples.jpg

Blender Shot:
http://www.emisis.net/images/3d/apples_blend.jpg

It’s getting there… It reminded me of the landis apple-texturing thread…where’s that darn link …

Here it is :
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11889&highlight=landis+tutorial

I don’t know if you know it … but here it is anyway … may it’s usefull to read…

cheers’
md01

Looks more like tomatos to me. Follow the link posted above, might help greatly.

-Antiggo

Awesome, thanks for the link. :slight_smile: I’ve never really done much in the way of texturing so the ramps were just easy to play around with. I’ll post some updates when I get’em. :slight_smile:

pnoland

hey how do you guys have these cool blender gui colors? :smiley:

Custom themes quite likely Prince, they could use some texture work to make it more like apples.

Yeah, the color themes are pretty cool. :slight_smile: …I think today I’m going to spend some time working on textures before work tonight…ugh, work. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m reading Landis’s tut right now but I think I may try to do some Zbrush texturing and import it into blender…might turn out cool that way who knows. :slight_smile:

pnoland

*agree Antiggo

nice piece though.

i don’t understand - could you PM me with an explanation unless the author doesn’t mind that we dirty his thread!? :slight_smile:

Dirty it up, I don’t mind. :stuck_out_tongue:

To get the custom colors do this… put your mouse cursor right under the file menu and you’ll see that the icon changes to two arrows. Left click and pull down to reveal the hidden customization options. Click the ‘theme’ button and then click ‘add’ to create a new theme to edit. After that there’s going to be a text box to name the theme, under that a list box with editable attributes, below that a sub list of all the different parts of the list above. Basically just go through and mess with the color settings of each attribute until you’ve got something you like. When you’re done close up that hidden area and press control + u to save the theme as your user default. Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

thanks man that is really cool! now i guess i am officialy monkey worthy?! i never read anything about this in the manual - oh wait i never read the manual - it’s on my to do list! :smiley:

No worries, I’ve only thumbed through it since I got it…then again I’ve only had it for about a week now. :slight_smile: There’s a few other options to play with in that hidden menu you should try tweaking…just something to do on a boring sunday afternoon. :slight_smile:

pnoland

ya it is time consuming but it is cool! :wink: