Stone corpse - Wire added

Made this mostly as a texture/material study, but lost interest in taking it any further.

http://www.freewebs.com/arowe/stonecorpse.htm

Nice… Creepy but nice. :wink:

Excellent! I would not call it stone, but more decrepit skin. Other features like around the mouth or the ‘flakey’ bits of skin that are not (so to speak) attached to the head any more…

Yeah, you’d be hard-pressed to realize it was digital.

wow amazing
looks alot like the mummy from the movie The Mummy :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks everyone! :smiley:

Looks great! is the material made with procedurals or is it an image based map?

Thanks! A little bit of both actually. There’s 6 textures applied to it, some procedural, some images I did in photoshop.

It’s very nice. You should add some flaky skin (as has already been mentioned), close the bottom of the neck, and lay the head on a nice stone surface. Then it’ll be really creepy!

/d_m

Yeah, you’d be hard-pressed to realize it was digital.

No i wouldnt

Its a damn nice peice of work though!

I think you’ve overdone the deformation slighty

digital_me - thanks! I don’t know if I’ll be doing any more with this though…it was only really a material/texture test.

dante - thanks very much!

Jedi Dawn - guess it’s a matter of personal opinion. He’s supposed to look really decrepit and decomposed, like a petrified corpse head or something like that.

one word for u arowe Beautiful.

HOLY… :o
WOW, this is…amazing…
It looks very realistic, lots of modeling work, as I can see. :slight_smile:

Head_Chees - thank you very much!

lemmy - thank you! A fair bit of modelling, yes, but some of that is also displacement.

thanks very much!

That is really cool! :smiley:

It reminds me of something you would see on the Discovery channel about ancient civilizations or something. How long did it take to render?

Keep up the good work.

-Laurifer

Wow! That’s so creepy! Great work!

Could I see the wire?

Laurifer - thanks! Um, render time was about 5 minutes or so.

4Daniel - thank! Got three wire shots here: one shaded, one regular and subsurfed, and one regular and non-subsurfed.

http://www.freewebs.com/arowe/StoneWire.htm

Dang… The first wire is pretty creepy too… It’s got the same feel as the non-wire.

/d_m

Awesome. It looks like it could be the cover for a Rammstein or Tool album. :smiley:

-Raseri