Stone Duck Games looking for game artists - assistance with a project

Greetings blartists far and wide! Or is it blendeteers, or blunatics… No, it’s Blender Artists!

Stone Duck Games is looking for game artists to contribute on a new game project. We need dedicated, driven individuals who are looking to make a name for themselves, and help in the building of a game studio. Any assistance rendered will ensure that you earn a position in the studio, according to the level of assistance you provide. We can talk about profit sharing and things of that nature. Our real goal is to use our game as a platform on which we build a studio, through which we are all able to work on what we love - video games. Contributing artists can expect to become senior artists as we grow, complete with appropriate salary rates.

We are specifically looking for individuals who have solid experience with one or more of the following skills:

• Character modeling
  • Character rigging
  • Animation
  • Environment modeling
  • Texturing
  • Special FX
  • Concept art
  • User interface artwork

The Game

Our game is called Cleric. It is an action-adventure RPG with a science fiction theme. The art style will be of a more realistic (or plausible nature, as the case may be). Humans will have correct proportions, textures should look more realistic, etc.

Cleric will require a variety of environmental pieces for both interior and exterior sections. Additionally, we will likely need pristine and corrupted versions of multiple elements. Finally, the game will have a wide range of NPCs performing various tasks in the game, as well as a range of enemies to fight.

We will be utilizing Unreal Engine 4 to create Cleric. We currently have roughly 5-6 months worth of work in this project as is, and it’s been extremely encouraging to see how excited remains.

Below are some samples of our current concept art:

Who is Stone Duck?

We are an experienced group of designers, sound engineers, and writers. We are all passionate about games, and driven to create a studio that consistently produces fun and immersive games with a meaningful message. We are shooting for a Q1 2015 release date, with a series of games planned after that to be released after a 6 to 8 month production cycle.

Each member of the team has varying levels of expertise with game development tools, including UE4, UDK, Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender, MS Office, MS Visio, etc. We use professional grade tools wherever possible, but I hold a special place in my heart for Blender. I’ve been using it since 2008 when I first got my hands on the illustrious Blender v2.49.

Below is a list of our current team members, and current roles. Given the size of our team, each person tends to fill multiple roles, according to their expertise.

• Andrew Pace (me) - Bachelor of Science in Game Design from Full Sail University - Creative Director, game designer, level/environment designer, scripting, artist, writer. (portfolio, Clanlord: Passage of Honor)
  • Kevin J. - Bachelor of Science in Game Design from Full Sail University - Producer, game designer, systems designer, scripting, writer (also a published author).
  • Marcus F. - Bachelor of Science in Game Design from Full Sail University - Game designer, systems designer, scripting
  • Tyler R. - Game designer, scripting, systems designer, level designer
  • Morgan C. - Sound designer, composer (portfolio)
  • Patrick P. (Working towards PhD.) - Writer
  • Mike S. (published author) - Writer

So you’re interested, what’s the next step?

I invite you to contact me at your convenience. I would love to answer any questions you might have, no matter what they’re regarding. We’re very excited about this project, and we invite you to be a part of it with us.

Email: [email protected]

Best wishes,
ampace

Hi Blenderheads,

Just wanted to give a quick update - we’re still looking for some artistic help. We need people familiar with modeling, texturing, rigging, animating, etc. Please drop me a line if you’re interested. I would also love to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks!
ampace