StoneHead [Updated]

Here is my newest work: (I finally have learnt human head modeling :slight_smile:
http://www.geocities.com/flashers3/StoneHead.jpg

The material looks very convincing, good job

i love the texture you have, very nice, but it is let down by poor modelling and bad UVmapping, there is a large seam with a lot of stretch marks running down the cheek.

i love the texture you have, very nice, but it is let down by poor modelling and bad UVmapping, there is a large seam with a lot of stretch marks running down the cheek

I did not even uv map the head :). I just put a tiled texture on it.
But thanks for your comments! :smiley:

very nice texture.
But the fore head… uhh… looks a little lumpy :-?
other then that it looks good to me.

a much better lighting is needed

I did the bump on the head on purpose :slight_smile:

a much better lighting is needed

The ligthning is perfect with my comp but when I go to dad’s comp it is too dark and at school it is too bright. :slight_smile:

it’s really not a thing of dark or bright. in better lighting I mean more than one white lamp… lighting is the key to a good pic mode + it can add a lot to a model.

This is a fine example where you can use a model that is not realistic, and make it realistic. It looks just like some statue that just has been excavated from an old primitive indian civilisation. Very nice. Too make the face model realstic would spoil the effect. :smiley:

I did the bump on the head on purpose

Oh. 8)

I do like the texture and angle of shot. A few things that erk me about the shot though…

1. The lighting could be better. The best advice I was ever given was to try to sculpt with the light, showing up the geometry with shadows and highlights. The key is subtlety…
  2. The eyes… the ridges are too sharp for a weather-worn statue.

Nice shot though!
Ben

New shot at the top of the page (forst page)

I did a little corrections to the model and changed the material a bit. :slight_smile: