Stop Motion OBJ (OBJ, STL, PLY sequence importer) - v2.1.1

Hi Justin, thank you for developing such an essential addon (Obj Stop Motion)!
As you might have guessed, yes - I am talking about your plugin.

Regarding export to .abc files, I followed the workaround featured on this post:
https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/101787/obj-sequence-to-alembic-format

Apparently, if you add a modifier, such as displace to your baked sequence, you can trick Blender into exporting your capture as an alembic cache properly.

However, in this new version of Blender, it appears that modifiers won’t initiate if the settings are zero, and… I was still unable to export the textures. All this leads me to the same conclusion you just explained, that Stop Motion Obj wasn’t originally meant to export .abc. Can confirm, lol.

I am no expert when it comes to any of this, and the Sverchok method seems a bit convoluted and beyond my immediate understanding. Is there another resource that simplifies this a bit? I don’t think I’ve modified a python script in my life, and it appears that his/her tutorial is from a previous version of Blender.

Goal: To import or convert Obj Sequences into Unreal Engine (UE4) as textured mesh(es).