Stopping objects from sliding so much!

Hello,

Just a quick question from a physics noob;

In the game engine, I am trying to make dice roll around and bounce off of a table surface and off each other using the game engine physics.

Whilst I can get the fall and roll to happen quite well, even after the dice stops rolling, it keeps very slowly sliding for ages as if the table surface is made from very slippery ice with oil all over it, and as if the dice weighs 1 ton! I have played with various parameters, but I cannot get the slide to be minimal, as if the dice are light weight small plastic dice rolling on a baize (felt) surfaced gaming table (this would mean hardly any slide at all).

Any advice please?

By the way is the Game Engine the only way of doing physics? I presume you can make high quality video renders from the results?

Have you tried increasing the friction of the object/floor in their material settings

By the way is the Game Engine the only way of doing physics? I presume you can make high quality video renders from the results?
Yes and Yes. In the menu at the top of the blender window select ‘record Animation’. Run the simulation and the movement of all objects will be keyframed, to be used in any renderer.

Thanks Richard,

Do you mean ‘Anistropic Friction’ under the Physics context tab? If not, which?

You have friction / elasticity settings in the material panel as they are properties of your objects material

That’s it! Thanks very much Richard.

By the way I liked your Dr Who / Blake’s 7 stuff - will show it to a friend who is a superfan of both these things.