Storm Racer 2 - Work in Progress

Remember Storm Racer?
Yea… it looks really nice but the physics were pretty bad. EVERYTHING WAS MADE WITH LOGIC BRIKS! :smiley:
Now, about 4 years later, I’m making my new game, Storm Racer 2. Now that I have learned how to program I was able to make all the controls of the car with Python… (With some inspiration from some game demos posted here on the forum).
The car is coming along nicely, now I’m going to start creating the two tracks, one will be on a snowy mountain, going around it. The other will be on a frozen lake.
On the mountain track the car will use LinearVelocity to move around, this way it will go straight like a real car on a road. On the frozen lake track it will use force, so it can slide on the ice when making turns.
I’m not so good at “designing” race tracks… so… anyone wants to help me? :eyebrowlift2:
Here it is Car_002.blend http://ribanceira.4shared.com
PS: I posted StormRacer as Brazileiro0

Attachments

tracks are actually pretty easy. I could show you some tricks.:cool:

I’m not so good at “designing” race tracks… so… anyone wants to help me?

i remember making that before some time …
http://www.khayma.com/cgwoods/3dlab/guru-track-t.htm

good luck :slight_smile: .

But my problem isn’t the modeling, is the track itself. Im not good at telling if the trak that im makeing is fun to play… i cant tell If its too long, too short, too hard…

DLDed the 3 files , oooooooooowhoh !!! , i remember playing this game before ! since the blender publisher or something … before more than two years :eek: …

by the way , the track in it is good , …

good luck :slight_smile:

here goes an image that shows so , …

edit :-
offtopic a little
by the way , flashes stands for flash disk transfers , i didn’t have internet at that time , was using the flash disks , thanks god those days gone forever ! :slight_smile: … , i have internet at home since 3 months , using the librarys internet and internet cafe’es was a pain ! …

Attachments

Wowww… thats so cool that u still have it… I made it by the end of 2005. Its on Blender Publisher… dont remember why… maybe because the bullet phisics was camming but kind of bugy…
I even made it as an .exe (I promess that i wont make the same mistake again)
edit: hhaha i went trough that in the last 2 years… i posted SR a few months before moveing back to brazil… i moved to a realy small town in the amazon… the internet there sux… i spent a year on internet cafées

Wowww… thats so cool that u still have it…

it’s too cool to keep things for future use
i still keep things even older than that , bio researches when i was at school … etc

btw , have you stopped blending since that time , our you are still updated ?

good luck :slight_smile:

Nice car…

I would pay you to make models for me - if I had money that is. :slight_smile:

]Here is a sketch of what I have in mind for one of the tracks… two mountains with the road going along its side. Maybe add some turns while modeling so it doesn’t end up so straight. The green bars represent a tunnel.
I haven’t thought about the icy lake track. I will post it later… or somebody could send one.

lol… I charge by the vertex. :D:p

Here is a sketch of what I have in mind for one of the tracks… two mountains with the road going along its side. Maybe add some turns while modeling so it doesn’t end up so straight. The green bars represent a tunnel.
I haven’t thought about the icy lake track. I will post it later… or somebody could send one.

lol… I charge by the vertex.

Attachments

Here is how its caming out… Ve: 354, Fa:628 I wil take out some of them later. :cool:
Now im going to texture it.
So… anybody have any ideas on how i should make the AI? I plan on doing 2 or 3 AI cars. On my first game i made them use “antenas” to keep on track. Should I use the same method or a different one? :eyebrowlift2:

Attachments

you could use that simple AI tutorial that Mmph published.

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100512

It would be alot of work, but it would allow you to decide the car’s reaction if something happens. (by the way, it’s all logic bricks, sorry). Or you could learn that Astar programming.

I would stick with mmph’s tut.

Wow that Astar thing is way too complicated. I will use Mmph’s AI.
I’ll make it in python, but I won’t use all its “features”.
Tnx.

I even made it as an .exe (I promess that i wont make the same mistake again)

What do you mean? Was it buggy or slow. Or was it because exe files only work on Windows?

No bugs, the problem was that it only runs on windows (or Wine) and people didn´t have full access to the game. I want people to see how the game was made, how everything works so they can learn from it. That’s why I will release it only as a .blend file with all the python scripts commented. (English and Portuguese)

looks pretty cool, but the download is gone!