Strange colours inside Blender

This is a white material with Transmission = 0, Roughness = 1.0 Alpha = 0.7 etc . I have both 2.92 and 2.83 installed. I had 2.9 installed through Ubuntu Store in 20.04. I wanted to use 2.83 so followed the link to Snap store from Blender.org and installed 2.83 using the command line. Please see the white material and how it looks inside Blender ( the same for 2.83 )

it looks like an OpenGL issue, was this working fine before on your computer ?
Buttons shoudn’t display these diagonal lines/split everywhere .

What is your graphic card and are your drivers up to date ?

1 Like

I moved to my desktop today. It has both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04. Everything is fine inside Windows 10, I just checked.

This PC has no graphics card. Please see the Neofetch output

Kernel: 5.8.0-38-generic
Uptime: 48 mins
Packages: 2224 (dpkg), 14 (snap)
Shell: bash 5.0.17
Resolution: 1366x768
DE: GNOME
WM: Mutter
WM Theme: Adwaita
Theme: Yaru-Orange [GTK2/3]
Icons: Vista [GTK2/3]
Terminal: gnome-terminal
CPU: AMD A6-6400K APU (2) @ 3.900GHz
GPU: AMD ATI Radeon HD 8470D
Memory: 2795MiB / 7149MiB

This from 2.83. The diagonal split is not in appearing in 2.83. I do not see any driver issue in Additional Drivers. It would be nice to know where to check further

I don’t know much about AMD GPUs,
First thing is to be sure you’re using the latest drivers, I don’t know if it’s possible to see if that GPU is officially supported by blender …
If that the case then it’s a bug and you may look in the bug report if it’s already submitted…

1 Like

I created a bug report

Hum, seems that your graphic card is outdated , that explain a lot , unfortunately there is nothing to do about it…

It is working with the same hardware in Windows 10.