strange jumpy softbodies

Hi there…

aah I’m having a rough few of hours… physics were working ok (after a lot of steps backwards and simplifications)… now after just doing some texturing and animating the camera about (think that’s all I did :/) … now when I bake, the softbodies are jumping about in a pretty strange manner, and I can’t figure out what it is…

Also, for some reason, I can’t seem to attach files here, so here’s a lil youtube vid…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDDpnWQHzio&feature=youtu.be

any ideas anyone? any help would be super appreciated…

thanks in advance

Skx

i know a blend file would be useful but it’s just not attaching… anyone know a solution to this problem too…? checked the requirements for attachment and the file I’m trying to attach is a zip <15mb :confused:

ahh… hmm, think it’s solved… I found a post where Mistah Figgz asked something similar, and Exile420 answered with the solution to change the cache step to 1… which makes sense, odd though that the jumpiness didn’t happen before… anyway, thanks Exile and Figgz!

hi :slight_smile:
on first baking ALL of the keyframes are calculated, thats why it wasnt jumpy to start with, only now you are reading from a cache, or a bake, its using the interpolated results of every tenth frame. so on rebaking, say after changing a setting in the softbody properties screen, the jumpiness seems to vanish , but playing it back when bakes reveals it hasn’t… because once again it reads from the sparsely baked keyframes… this caught me out for a long time before I worked it out.