Motion Graphics Procedural Shader Package (Limited Time Free download)

Hey, Taylor Brown here with String Fairy. You might know me from my YouTube channel where I help people create procedural materials as well as model props from time to time.

I’m currently developing a Procedural Shader Package for Blender, and I need your help to do it. I want to dramatically improve upon the last product I was selling. This new one will cost the same as the last ($20) but instead of just 20 shaders, will include hundreds. Because the textures that create these shaders can be used in hundreds of different ways, I’ve decided that I’ll make it a big focus for the package. This means that it will also be a shader builder of sorts, where the custom nodes will cut out most of the boring steps involved in creating them.

The package is currently in the beta stage. You can download the package for free here (though donation is welcome).

I’m posting all my example renders on Instagram, @String_Fairy. I’ll display a few of them here so you get a general a idea what kinds of things will be included.

I’ll have more to come that I’ll post on this thread.

Let me know about your specific motion graphics / abstract render workflow, so that I can take all scenarios into consideration. This means telling me the daily hassles involved in adding lighting/materials for your projects. Things that you feel should be simple but aren’t. Adding scratches or condensation to your objects for instance.

Hope to work along your side soon.

9 Likes

These are amazing can’t wait for the rest of them

Your shaders are top notch man, no doubt in my mind you’re doing something great. I’m looking forward to its release!

Thanks for the comment! I’ll be updating everyone with details on the specifics of what each custom node does in the very near future. So far I have around 80. :slight_smile:

Some grimey/dirty/realistic materials would be cool. Maybe some metal looking materials with paint scratched off around the edges? Also, some dirt, mud and rock textures would great! Looks cool man, can’t wait to see it.

I’ll be adding several procedural grime maps. Paint scratched edges. Definitely need that. Difficult, but achievable I believe. (I want to avoid the finicky pointiness feature of the geometry node) I already have a few rocks in the package. Mud and dirt would definitely be useful as well. Like soft dirt that’s used for potted plants.

The same custom node was used to make this:

as was to make this:

Just an example of the customization each node includes.

“Striped Glass” Meta-Shader.

I know I’d love some procedural materials for pure gold, maybe with some scratches to make it look used (jewelry like)- or scales as they would be on a mermaid tale.

What I do need a lot though would be just classic fabric, or wood for furniture. Glass would also be super useful. Gosh, there is so much that could be done and all of your works so far have been nothing short of amazing!! Seriously.

Count me as one of your biggest fans!

Good stuff! I’d pay 20 bucks.

The stripe glass is really awesome (among others I’ve seen on instagram).
My workflow for now is following tutorials when I need it, but as shader, the first need I have in mind is a way to get holographic colors! Or iridescent. Something that gives multiples colors moving following the point of view. I don’t know how difficult it could be.

I’ll have iridescent in the package. Wasn’t difficult. :slight_smile:

would love to see some electronics related shaders like printed circuit board, silicon chips, resistors, transistors, etc…
your work is awesome and I’ve learned so much about nodes from your channel! :pray:

Thanks! I’ll experiment with the suggestions.

look forward! also forgot to mention maybe the most interesting material of the bunch, an actual finished semiconductor wafer

Hahaha, I can try. Not sure if I can get it accurate, but I bet I can get something that at least looks cool.

no way am i taking that bet! :wink:

I posted the package for free on Gumroad (It will be paid at a later stage). You can find it in the description at the top of the page.

1 Like