Stuck Curves...Anoying...

K so I’ve been trying to get my camera to follow a bezier curve fo the use of ‘flying’ through a 3-D world… its all easy and that, I had no real troubles except the fact that when you make a bezier curve it only stays on the axis you make it at ie. stuck on a 45 degree tilt, but it does not go off of that tilt, and you can’t ‘free form’ or ‘free draw’… this is VERY anoying and makes the camera not as dynamic… Also getting onto the camera part… I can’t seem to have the camera slow down or at least go through the whole line within the same amount of time as the entire animation…

My animation is simple, its smaller boxes, inside of smaller boxes… they all fold out, and one after another they come out of the box, go next to each box, and unfold and repeat, with a total of 5 boxes (with flips and spins)… I did all the animating, and it was fun making it, I got lots of practice with animation with it… But I wanted to practice other dynamics such as a camera that flys around while looking at the last box, which is inside the biggest box so its just natural to ‘track to’ or whatever (I forgot which one I used)… So I have all that ready and its all going, its just that the camera will move through 100 frames and stop… meanwhile the entire animation is about 500 frames… so you can see whats anoying me lol…

Well anyone who can help me out will be apreciated, I’m sure I just have to use a different curve (even though I converted it to all the other curves) maybe I just need to change a setting, or maybe blender is a bit limited with the curves.

THANKS!

N00B3R

That is what the 3D button is for. You are stuck in 2D with a curve until you enable that.

Press F9 then activate the 3D button.

See thanks, I figured it was an easy fix thanks…