Study Project : Optimization Tools Add-on for STEP files

Hello!
As a university graduation project I created an add-on that offers tools for the optimization of STEP files in Blender.
I created a more detailed post about this add-on, which you can read here: STEP File Optimization Tools Add-on - A study project

With this post, I’d just like to present it in short. Please note, that the add-on is only for internal use within the graduation company and not for commercial use.

The add-on is designed to support the optimization of STEP files by automating the tedious task of searching for objects to hide, delete or abstract. With help of the add-on, the user can organize objects based on their polycount, they can search for words and names that are recognized, even with the complex object names that STEP files usually have. The add-on helps users to find duplicate objects and overlapping objects and has several options for batch renaming. The prototype is designed in decrease the time spent on repetitive and tedious tasks.

If you are interested to read more about it, feel free to check out the link on top!
Cheers!

2 Likes