Study -- Rodin's sculpt of Albert-Ernest Carrier-Belleuse

Study of Auguste Rodin’s sculpture of his mentor, Albert-Ernest Carrier-Belleuse. This was sculpted in Zbrush and rendered with Eevee. Trying to get back to CG and I just can’t get enough of Blender and Eevee.

17 Likes

Different views:

5 Likes

Really… good… hope to see listed for sale somewhere, would be a great asset and get you lots of replies… I’m sure. Thanks for showing.
ron

I hadn’t thought about that. I’ll look into it. Thanks for the compliment and suggestion.

Very convincing rendition of the great sculptor’s (early?) work. You convey the presence & personality of the subject, as Rodin could do “effortlessly,” while evolving his technique beyond perfecting classical skill with detail. Do more.

Thanks for the kind words. I’ll definitely be doing more. Studying the old masters twists my brain in a different way, and I’m learning so much. You’d think copying masters would make one less impressed of them, but it’s the opposite. I feel so inferior, and so much more amazed. Can’t stop thinking about how they were able to do mind-blowing sculptures with traditional media, and during a time where information and inspiration weren’t easily available. Nowadays it’s just a click away. Just wish there was enough time to study all the masters I admire.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks bartv! Have an awesome weekend too.

1 Like