Stuff not appearing correctly when rendered

Hi there. This is my first post and I’m pretty new to Blender as well.

I am having difficulty with rendering a short animation I made. In the material view, everything looks fine, but when rendered, it doesn’t appear the same way.

Here are some pics to show what I mean.

Any idea what settings I need to change? Also, the transparency on my character seems to not work when rendered.

Cheers!

Attachments

Insufficient info supplied. You’ve even failed to supply a demo .blend file which should be supplied at the very minimum for ALL support questions ! Why ?

Did you apply the tectures to the materials ?
Have you set up materials correctly ?
Did you set any objects to be unrenderable ?
For materials that have textures which include transparency, did you enable the ‘receive transparent shadows’ in the appropriate material settings ?
You have at least one object which is hidden in the viewport but is set to be rendered. Does this object hide other objects you don’t want it to ?
Are you using multiple render layers and set them up incorrectly

Thanks for the reply!

I think I applied the textures correctly and have the materials set up right also. As for the rest, I’m not sure, but I do know I’m only on one layer. Here’s a link to my blender file, tEST.blend http://birdsongentertainment.com/tEST.blend

Sorry for not providing one earlier, I was rushing to get to work.

I have a TON of learning to do!

Hi djjoel, I downloaded your Blend file and had a look. But all the textures are missing, therefore it isn’t as helpful as it is meant to be. When you use File -> External Data -> Pack all into .blend file your file will contain the textures also and that will make it easier to help.

Cheers!

There’s a plane hidden from viewport but not from the render that gets in the way

Deleting or moving that to another layer and it should work

You don’t see the background because

You have at least one object which is hidden in the viewport but is set to be rendered. Does this object hide other objects you don’t want it to ?
The object is called ‘Plane’ and it is a plane that is between the camera and the background image. Either delete it or as well as making it hidden make it non renderable (camera icon)