stupid threads

Why are there so many stupid threads on the forums… Mostly on the Game Engine Section where people find it fun to psot fantasies and ideas in the work in progress… It’s annoying to see these things…

Don’t get me wrong, but I’ve also made stupid threads, but I’ve learned my lesson…

Some people just don’t get it… There are many of these people on the forum and I don’t get why! Maybe there are 10 years old, maybe they just feel the need for attention…

I don’t care if they are 10 year olds, when they make a thread that is useless someone should tell them that ‘This thread is useless, it has nothing to show, please don’t post here with nothing’

This is also in the Work in progress section as I recall, people just writing stories about their imagination.

For everybody out there who’s made a thread and people flamed on you because of it… It’s because you deserved it. Don’t make more stupid threads, LISTEN to what they say, and take it serusly because we don’t need them around. If you get offended by someone who told you to show work, ok, just because they are being ‘mean’ doesn’t mean that what they say is just meant to be ‘mean’, they are just trying to get you people to stop wasting forum space and people’s time from checking a thread that has nothing on it.

LISTEN, you’ll get a better reputation and people will help you out in future project, making threads with nothing on it makes it seem like your ignorant… Which we are hoping you are not.

If your 10 years old and like to do the oppisite of what people say because they are being ‘mean’ ok, go ahead but no one will respect you as long as you do… It’s not school here, you’re not being a goody-two shoes just by listening to us, your being stupid by not listening to us…

Please take this into your mental notes, please :slight_smile:

Linkxgl

Ps: Sorry if I repeated a lot of things :confused:

Funny thing is that I post a lot of stupid things . . . not all of my threads are stupid.

Oh and I never noticed these threads.

I haven’t seen many from you, and I didn’t mean to offend you… I have posted a lot of stupid threads also, most of us have, but I’m just telling everybody who doesn’t get it, to think before they post.

I didn’t mean to offend anybody.

Linkxgl

I don’t find this thread offending at all (and others shouldn’t). You are totally correct. Good for you for posting this.

I saw a few cases in the WIP forum of threads being closed due to lack of content which is good, those threads should have never been created. And I don’t think any of us should hesitate to drop those people (who create useless threads) a small, friendly post and inform them of there mistake.

Really, all people need to do is read the tittle of the forum and then they’ll know if they should be posting inside. And yeah, it’s just over excited noobies who want some attention.

This is like saying you can separate right from wrong , I hate to break it to you but it can’t be done, otherwise we will all be living in the wonderful word of Disney. The reason why I post mine was because I’m curious of what the result will be. To study and discover something or perhaps the topic Game Demos is a blurred line.

The lessons I learn in life is when you judge others you judge yourself, so I’ll be careful if it was me that are saying these things.

I completely get your point here, Linkxgl.

I’ve noticed a lot of people download and install Blender exclusively for the game engine. The game engine is cool, but I honestly don’t think it’s original intent was to make “Crysis wannabes” from it. They play a game and want to make one just like it.

They imagine a concept, and immediately start a new thread “recruiting team for new game!”. This is done by people who probably don’t know the first thing about design workflow, and implementation of a major project as even a simple game can be…and mostly want someone else to do the work. This is annoying to me too.

simple …dont click them .

It’s the same reason little boys want to be astronauts.

"Hey everyone! I’m have a short term burst of inspiration. So here’s the deal:

I’m a noob and have no skills, but really want to be in charge of creating a video game so can some people with actual skills help me and do what I say? Also I have no effing clue about creating video games and have never made one, so I figure I should start with something in the vein of… Half-Life 2. Don’t worry though I’m not like all the other noobs that start crazy projects! I’m a determent noobie!"

this also sums it up pretty well at 4:55.

Blender Artists forum >Game Engine Forums >Team Project >
New Thread - BY
Crysis Remake !!! ((WIP)) -3DGEDINOOB

inside the thread :-

3DJEDINOOB join date :Sep 19 09
member location :in jedi’s lap

Hey i have a thought in my mind …i know i dont have any 3D skills .but trust me i am not like the other kids …kids these days just post and do nothing …any ways …her goes the story …

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

and he keeps on pressing F5 the whole day and bumping his thread…most of ppl in this forum havent posted a single thing in WIP ,FP or FC…but they have more then 12312312posts …

i don’t go to game forums since i’m not interested in games… but man, i just went there and a LOT of threads seem to be like that…

I think some of you guys are getting the wrong idea… You DON’T need to be a super uber pro in blender to post in these forums! But we artists want to see people put EFFORT into the threads that you make… That’s point of the site right? Asking questions, and putting effort into understanding, or when making a show-off thread, please, I want to see effort, not effort into writing the entire thread and ideas and fantasies, because that’s total bullshit if you haven’t put any effort into the actual project you are working on. That’s what I mean! If you have made stupid threads, ok, just try not to make the same mistake…

@AI_Capone: I didn’t mean you, and I haven’t seen you post a lot, I think your thread should of been in the team work section or the support and discustion, but it wasn’t stupid

It’s because there are some people repeatedly post something that can be done but google searching, or in the game demos, they don’t put any effort, some people DON’T get it! I’ve only seen that god creation thread of yours, I didn’t think it was stupid, but I think it should of been in the Support Topics of the game engine, not the demos. :slight_smile:

Lol, aw man you mean I can’t be an astronaut. I agree with pretty much everything said here so far. People just don’t realise how hard/much work making a game is. I find the more I learn the more I realise how much I don’t know. Gotta love it though.

I thought you were specifically complaining about noobs who dream bigger than they crap, and post a thread asking for help from skilled artists.

In the case of starting ultra ambitious MMO RPGs I think the team leader aught to be pro in at least one aspect of game developement, if not multiple aspects.

By effort, I mean not just ideas and concepts. If your are planning to make an MMORPG, yes the team leader needs to be pro of course. I’m complaining about how noobs ask for help, without any effort put in the project to deserve help. Which is what I mean :slight_smile:

I visit this forum and several other development forums and art forums that are game-related, and in every single one of them - save for one sole forum - there is generally a section where people seem to flood it with this sort of crap. Always guys with less than a dozen posts, always starting out with something like “I just found this or that” or “I’m a total noob BUT…”

Most of these forums, like this forum, have sticky threads advising people to not do this or how to properly post a thread like that. 99.9% of the people posting those threads obviously never read it.

The only conclusions one can draw from people who do this are:

1. Totally naive. Ignorant of the amount of work a game takes.
  2. Totally disrespectful. They fail to read through the important sticky threads properly, fail to read rules, etc. They join the first day they find the forum and then post that thread the day they join. It’s rude and arrogant.

Regardless. These people might claim to have done work on the game, but if that’s the case then they should show their concepts, etc. I would be all for the severe smackdown of topics like this. If someone demonstrates an ability and willingness to at least do concept work and maybe some preliminary code/graphics/BGE work on their own, then they probably are at least mildly serious about the project, but any time I see one of these posts with like a prose story and an extremely basic gameplay description, you know these people have no clue at all how game development works.

That said, does anyone out there want to make a tactical RPG? Like FF Tactics or Ogre Battle, but better. Of course it will take full advantage of the BGE’s full range of graphics technology. Should take us no longer than a month or two to crank it out. I haven’t got any art, but I’m working on the logo right now and I’ve got a story already. PM me if you’re interested. Only serious offers, please.

You mean kids in a candy store that what to create a game but have no knowledge or talent regarding the game in general. Say like a wink and a nod sort of speak.

Lol!

10 years ago I was about 26, givertakayear:rolleyes: and midstream in college.

M$ just released DX7 SDK. Awesome. I took it and ran. RAN. a$$hos an elbows is all you woulda seen.

In a year, I wrote my OWN blender…kinda. Called it “CosmiCAD” and it is still on my HD, it was alright, I and a few friends knew how to use it.

Then I wrote my own collision detection algorithm. Then, once I had my “studio” up and running. I started on my own game development. I wanted a creepy haunted house type game, first. I designed a house strongly influenced by harlaxton manor–the one they used for “the haunting” remake.

Ya, I’m rambling. But after I had the tools to do it, and the storyline, and even the house modelled. Three friends and myself worked for 2 more years on that game (5 years total)…and never even got to the point where we could start TEXTURING OUR MODELS.

It’s bittersweet…and retired, like almost every game we’ll see announced here.

Yeah, there seem to be many posts that feature nothing but ideas and fantasies, and not too much knowledge of Blender.

So… what? Last time I saw, this was a forum. A free one. Users have the right to post wathever they want, as long as the Forum rules are respected. If they put their ideas on a section devoted to WIP’s, then it deserves to be moved or closed, but that’s all.

Maybe you’re a great artist and feel ofended by the ignorance or ingenuity of people who post such things, but with all respect, I think you don’t have the right to tell people what they can and can’t say in a forum. I dislike unconstructive critic, or people who just say “Your work is a waste”. But as much as this is offensive and stupid, I don’t go around telling everyone not to do it. If I did so, then I’d be as irrational as the users I’m trying to target, because they would never read what I have to say, or ignore it. The posts will stay the same, and mine would be eventually buried under the same posts I was trying to get rid of.

So, my opinion is: Let people be stupid. If they are well intentioned, they’ll learn and never do it again. If they are really willing to follow a project against the odds, maybe they’ll succeed (and everyone who criticised it before will look stupid), and if they don’t have what it takes to use Blender, then will eventually grow bored and move away by themselves.

The best thing to do would be to ignore their posts, and actually focus on the ones that are relevant.

ok, Vexelius,

Didn’t you read what I said? I’m not a great artist, ok, What I am talking about is the first thing you said, fantasy and ideas, I don’t tell people that they’re work is a waste of blender… No, why would I do that? Nothing is a waste, I don’t care if the WIP is not very good, if the user put EFFORT into his WIP, good! I’ll help him out with his project, it’s the people who ask for help when they haven’t done anything, that’s what I’m talking about. People who are like:
OMG I’M MAKING A MMORTSRPGFPS!!! BEST THING EVER!

Need programmers,
artists,
animators,
ect.

And then gives out the story, it’s cool that they want to make something cool, but they should show some work with effort, not something wiped up in 40min :no:

I never said, ‘some people on this forum have no skill, they should get off the forums’ No, I never said, and if I sounded like I did, I didn’t mean it that way.

Now that you mention it, perhaps there should be some improvements with the game aspect of blender. I mean I look at the makeup of Yo Frankie. I never seen so many crappy lines and codes. Nearly most of the controls are python scripted. Maybe it’s time to add more features and make it easier to use, not to mention some predefine AI.