Stylized Knight - Looking for opinions

Hey everyone, im making a stylized knight and would love to get some ideas and opinions.
The idea is to make a stylish looking, stylized knight that should be unmistakably medieval. Also would love to know what your thoughts are on the body’s proportions. Looking forward to your feedback!

UPDATE #2
Been a while since i updated this, been busy making the low poly and uvs and finally texturing! Take a look! The whole character is around 28k polygons and is using 6 texture sets (body 4k, armor 4k, eyes 512, hair 512, sword 1k, shield 1k). All textures were made using Substance Painter. Next up is rigging!

UPDATE #1
Added decorations and accessories, and made the sword and shield. Also rasied the abdomen plates a bit.

5 Likes

Excellent work! I love the sharp contours on the anatomy.
I think these armor bits at the waist and torso could be a tad bit higher

1 Like

you know, you are totally correct! it’ll be kinda painful to do since i’ve done so much work on it, but i’ll deffo do it (and post an update soon).

Update! Added decorations and accessories, and made the sword and shield. Also rasied the abdomen plates a bit.

2 Likes

I don’t like heels on anything, so as I was imagining how he would look without them? I realized that if you’d brutally delete the leathers from the dress and let the plates hang freely, it would drastically slim him and allow further slimming operations

i see what you mean with the whole slimming business, but i’m not sure i want him to be slim, not the armor at least.

Awesome!! I love it! :smiley:

UPDATE #2
Been a while since i updated this, been busy making the low poly and uvs and finally texturing! Take a look! The whole character is around 28k polygons and is using 6 texture sets (body 4k, armor 4k, eyes 512, hair 512, sword 1k, shield 1k). All textures were made using Substance Painter. Next up is rigging!

1 Like