Subject: Beginning Modeling Final Project - Knife

:eek: Please assist me with any feedback on my model, keeping in mind that I am an absolute beginner still. I appreciate your help.

Attachments

Looking good. My only crit would be that the metal material looks duller than the the plastic. It should probably reflect a little more light.

Maybe add some reflectiveness to the blade maybe? even if it’s a little (0.2)ish

Thanks my friend: how would you recommend me improvising the refractive qualities of the blade?

Thanks my friend: how would you recommend me improvising the refractive qualities of the blade - i love to know as i’m such a newby.

You need not improvise. in the settings for mirror options in the material, there’s a value for IOR. this will set refraction value. It should be at 1.0 by default. change it two 1.2 and it starts to refract the reflection. Sound okay?

thats awesome for a beginner. i cant even do that!

You’re a star!

What a great community

Welcome to BA Joe. The model is very good for a first model. The plastic parts and even the blade might look nice with the new glossy reflections in 2.46. If you feel like installing a new version of Blender, you can get it here (page also has info about the glossy reflections).
http://www.blender.org/development/current-projects/changes-since-245/

Keep Blending.

:smiley: Thanks for your kind welcome - i’ll install the new version right now - ta.