SUBSTANCE PAINTER : organize many objects

Hi all!
I have a question:

I have to import a scene in SUB PAINTER.
There are many street lamps around 50 mesh. How do I organize these identical objects? All have the a property UV. (1 object 1 uv, but all the object and uv is identical)

If I add 1 material per object I will have 50 materials in sub-painter.

If instead I set all the objects under the same material / group when I paint the texture I paint ALL the objects at the same time (and the painting is not correct on all objects).
how do i get out of this maze?
very TY

Hi, if you want each lamp a different painted texture but with the same material, you need to unwrap all objects in the way that they are in the same texture space.

To be clear a material have a texture space. In your case each object need his own place in the texture space!

You can join all objects then unwrap all at the same time. Or since Blender 2.8 you can keep them separate and select them all and go in edit mode to unwrap all.

Hope it’s clear🤔

Very thank you for your help StroBlend :ok_hand:

You could also just texture one lamp and place the others as group instances, or texture one and apply the same material to all of the others as long as they are all identical, it will work.

1 Like

can do this group instance in substance painter? how please?

Not in Substance, but you would bring one lamp into SP with a UV unwrap, texture as needed and then place instances of that lamp in Blender, either with array or a collection instance in the 2.8x series of Blender.