Subsurf?

Hi,

I’m totally new to the Blender thing. I’m actually a Flash animator, and the character I need to make is sort of like a snake, which is turning out to be an incredible challenge, so I figured if I could get my hands on a 3D programs, I could at least model a snake shape to have the shading references, and eventually use the animation as, again, reference. I realise that there’s a way to toon-shade Blender animation, which makes me squee, but that’s a question for another time, if the tutorials I find don’t help.

Anyways, I was looking at exactly the kind of tutorial I need to model the rough snake shape I need, but it calls for the Subsurf option in the Mesh panel (F9), but my panel doesn’t have that option, and try as I might, I can’t figure out where it could be instead. I was wondering if it was a plugin I need to download, or a button I didn’t press somewhere to activate it, or if I’m just a blind dork and IT’S RIGHT THERE and I just can’t see it.

Please help. Thank you.

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/PartII/Subsurfaces :smiley:

F9 -> Modifiers Tab -> Add Modifier -> Subsurf

BeBraw: Good call, I should remember to refer new users to the Wiki. Much more useful than giving out one isolated piece of info.

Wow, you guys are fast… :slight_smile:

Thank you! Much appreciated!