subsurf

hi people,

i am brand new to blender… like a day. anyway, i was trying to follow a vase tutorial i found on the blender site, and the guy says to click the subsurf button in the mesh tab. but the thing is nowhere to be found. i am using a mac on 10.3.9. am i just using an older version? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

michael

hey i just downloaded blender for my macbook but all the tutorials are for windows. have you figured out how to use it with a mac? its just little things like “right click on mouse” and things like that, that cause me a headache.

hey i just downloaded blender for my macbook but all the tutorials are for windows. have you figured out how to use it with a mac? its just little things like “right click on mouse” and things like that, that cause me a headache.

Blender is the same on all platforms. I would suggest getting a real mouse. Otherwise, it is possible to set blender to use left mouse for selecting. Pull down the top header (the one with File, Add menus) and go to View and Controls. Near the middle you can change it to select with left mouse. The only problem with this is that emulate middle mouse button turns off, and on a mac that means to rotate view, you have to use control alt left mouse instead of just alt left.

Go to ‘modifiers’ tool panel, click ‘add modifier’, and select ‘subsurf’ from the list that appears.