Sudden Spike in Car Renders ?

I know about the Peugot contest. But is it just me or was there a sudden spike in Car renders

People love to model cars and women… that’s been the CG standard for years, it just hasn’t been at elYsiun so much.

I model what I like, and I like fast cars and women.

(that should be my signature, really)

I make cars, more than any other model. Yes there is a slight increase thanks to the product endorsement by Peugeot, but there have always been lots of cars.

I think this is because it’s easier to model inorganic scenes with Blender than organic. Bear in mind this is my opinion.

Sonix.

Blender does organics fine, it’s just a matter of understanding anatomy. I think that organic objects would be harder than solid symetrical objects in any program, even 2d.

LOL i noticed the increase in car renders as well, especially toyotas :D, keep them coming thier looking better and better. Oh also an increase in kitchen scenes although minor…and we had faces but they seem to have become more quiet now.

lol, I would make cars and women to if I could. :stuck_out_tongue: Not very good with organics though. Must learn.

LOL i noticed the increase in car renders as well, especially toyotas , keep them coming thier looking better and better. Oh also an increase in kitchen scenes although minor…

My last three projects were two Toyota’s and a kitchen scene :slight_smile:

I’ve always liked modelling cars because it’s so easy to get reference images… most have to-scale blueprints online and tons of differently-angeled photos. Not to mention anything shiny just comes out better.

And Toyotas in particular because I was thinking of getting one…

i have made face just never posted here :wink:
http://www.geocities.com/jscar2345/dent.htm see :smiley:
has no ears shh… :stuck_out_tongue: