Suddenly Blender trunk doesn't compile successfully - Linux Mint 13

Um, is that what that script does, though? play the part of the what was formerly in the /lib/ folder? Or so i thought.

I know the instructions for cmake have you run a script but the ones for scons still have you download lib/linux64 via svn
at the moment I’m working on scons but will setup cmake next
I’m using Windoz at the moment, I’ll boot back into linux and have a look at the script

huh, didn’t know that, it looks like the c-make script gets all the deps from the repos
guess I’ve been using Windoz to much:spin:

I still use Windows for like PS-CS3 and PP2012 (Poser, for which I make dynamic cloth for some of the popular figures in Blender) but I run Win7 in VirtualBox in Mint 13 as the main (host) OS, with just about all Win7 services disabled, so it’s relegated to just running those apps.
All the really dangerous stuff, I let Linux Mint 13 64-bit handle. Been doing so for quite a while without any dramas.

I was getting my upgrades via PPA from Irie Shinsuke - which meant that Blender would automatically upgrade whenever he published a new build, which was fairly frequently. The upgrades came along with the OS updates… pretty awesome.

But I wanted to build my own. Only problem: no jpg support. Started a number of threads that no one answered (well, someone did answer ONE of them) but in this area, patience isn’t a virtue, it’s a survival technique. And sure enough, a new OiiO and Boost solution and other stuff too! all came along with a new script that collected everything and installed to the appropriate system folders and you’re sweet.

Only now, I’ve upgraded my RAM from 4 to 16 gig, and suddenly, Cycles GPU preview renders and [F12] renders appear to be slower than the CPU. I have build 52402… cause and effect? Coincidence?