Sunday Morning - A Sears-Roebuck Barn Kit

Lend some sheeps from Garth :). I feel this painfull render time. Now moove it.

harkyman,

Again, just excellent. It looks like a non-3D artistic rendering.

Top notch work.

Great render! My favorite part of this picture has to be the grass, but the texture job is really good as well. The people look a little stiff though…

I sawe the WIP on this one, I realy enjoied it. Very good work harkyman :stuck_out_tongue: [!]

Wow :o :o :o :o I’m speechless !!

I thought it was a photo at first sight (I’m not really sure yet).
Amazing picture.

Serialsiner

Congratulations on a tremendous accomplishment! Not quite a surprise for me since I knew this was going to conclude well when I was following the WIP thread :slight_smile:

RobertT

i had the same thoughts exactly.

and oh yeah! thanks SOOOOOOOOO much for telling me that simple ye awesome lightitng back in the WIP forum. you’ve helped me as well as so many other users with that thread, and I for one am deeply grateful.

I can’t wait to follow your next work.

Nothing much to say. Photoreal to the last.

Another stunning barn creation, and if I could get a link to the referance you used (a realy kit from sears roebuck?), that’d be great. To see it’s made from an actual kit is an original and inspiring concept.

Awe-inspiring work.

Really amazing work!
It really looks photorealistic, can´t believe it´s modelled…
This one should go to the Blender3d.org image gallery :smiley:

Edit: I went to blender3d.org and :o ., there it was.
I got to say this again, really amazing picture!

At first I thought that only the barn was CGI (because I’ve seen a WIP of it) and the rest was just photo composit. But now you say the whole thing is CGI :o :o :o
If I never seen the WIP of the barn itself, I would have only believed that those 2 character was rendered in Blender and the rest is a photo.
I can think only of a few Hollywood movies where the CGI composition with live action actually fool the eyes. So, this piece of work ranks IMO among the best Hollywood (even beating ILM in most cases) photoreal CGI attempts.

I hope this picture will stop the endless flame wars about what is best: Blender or Maya/ Max/ Lightwave?

HOLY CRAP! :o

I love the grass in the field; it’s not super saturated and the light shines off it very well. The blue shadow on the barn roof looks wonderful, and adds a lot to the realism of the piece.

There are a couple of weak spots, though. The wire on the pole to the right of the barn isn’t placed right; it isn’t attached to the pole correctly or it doesn’t sag in the right place. The silo doesn’t look so good compared to the barn; its shadow is merely a darker, blander version of itself, as opposed to the barn, where the shadow adds something. It also looks like a huge piece of plastic. Do you think you could make the parts that are rusting more metallic?

Nice job on this one.

Matt

:o :o :o :o :o :o

SUPERB - THE BEST CG IMAGE I HAVE SEEN

:o :o :o :o :o :o

well well well, its finaly done. So, how do you feel it came out?

I personaly like it, and I think your the first person who shares ny background size, we are a dieing breed my friend… Do not let the 800x600’s take over, no I will die fighting, %| ok, well nice job… this would be anwsome photo to try and pass off if printed well.