Sunrise in the Village

Hello Blender artists! This is a new scene I’ve made to practice some textures. I could use some pointers from all the great Blender guru’s out there. please critique away. I need some feedback on how to improve. Render in cycles. All handmade assets.

7 Likes

This looks amazing! I love all of the elements of this artwork, which has been nailed perfectly.

Thank you so much for your response :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The image looks incredible! I wish i could make a scene like that one day!
However I think you could improve the water a little bit by making it more reflective (now it is blurring the reflection and it looks weird since it’s so flat and would mirror it exactly without blurring), and maybe add a tiny bit of noise in a normalmap to the water, so it doesn’t look that flat.
And secondly, it think the bricks on the floor could use some green/darker brown dirt in the creases. Now they kinda merge together with the stuff between the stones. Especially all the way at the bottom center of the image.
Hope this helps!

This is amazing and so beautiful!!! Nice one!
If I were to criticize, I’d say try and look at your composition. The positions of the duck on the left makes it feel out of place in the scene especially since its basically the foreground focus. Also, try and look into depth of field

Those are very helpful critique’s. Thank you for the great feedback! Very much appreciated!

Here is another version after the critiques. Tell me what you think :grinning: