Sunrise landscape

Hi all! Since summer it’s coming I’ve decided to make a landscape image. I’ve always liked sunrises so I decided to create one.

Everything is modeled and rendered in Cycles, except the background sky which is an image.

So what do you thing about this render?

Rendered at 100 samples full HD.

Edit: After some replies I have done some retouches and rendered it again.

It’s got really pretty colors… It might add additional interest if the sun wasn’t dead center, but you were probably limited based on the background image you used. Something else you might consider, is some type of rock formation or something in the forground

add more detail to your ocean and turn off roughness after that it will look allot better

It’s got really pretty colors… It might add additional interest if the sun wasn’t dead center, but you were probably limited based on the background image you used. Something else you might consider, is some type of rock formation or something in the forground

Yea I realized it would look better if the sun wasn’t centered after I finished it, so then I could also add a lens flare in photoshop that looks nice. The sun was centered in the bg image but maybe I could’ve moved that image to the left so the sun would not be centered. Also I didn’t knew what to add to fill up that foreground. Some rocks probably were good. :slight_smile:

add more detail to your ocean and turn off roughness after that it will look allot better

Actually I think I will do that even if I consider this finished. :smiley: I lowered the roughness and changed the displacement texture and increased the strength a little. I also increased the normal map strength just a little. It seems that if the displacement or normal map is too high I get some black spots so I just played with those 2 a little to make it look nice. I’ll edit the first post when the render finishes.