Sun's smile

Hey guys!

I like making those simples renders to post 'em on my Instagram.
Most of them are from 2D artist that I really like, and for me it’s a great study of composition and lighting trying to make those pieces in 3D as beauty as the original art.

Which lighting you guys prefer?

2D original from Anastasiya Luneva (show some love to her: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHFMvDyjWtT/)

120 Likes

From composition perspective - last one. The light defines the form very clearly.

Second is not bad either, but the shadows could be a little sharper - this would create contrast with smooth skin and hair tones.

3 Likes

yeah, you’re right. thanks for the feedback, mate!

2 Likes

great work ! :clap:
I really like the first one :heart_eyes:
Keep going :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

This is awesome :astonished:

2 Likes

First one, but what is the white on the left side?

1 Like

A mix between 1 and 2 with light over the eyes (reason to be closed)? And concerning left white, right sunny yellow… maybe a blurry backgroud? Did a inverse image search and it tells:

Possible related search: happy

Sooooo true :heavy_heart_exclamation: . . . . (and than it gets tangled…)

Can you tell something about the inspiration? It seems to be nothing directly from Anastasiya Luneva’s ArtStation page (or is it the girl study??) and on yours you say:

playing with lights from 2D artwork (by: Anastasiya Luneva)

(nice grey render there also :heart: )

I wish i could do that :sob:

1 Like

I really like the first one. It gives an impression of a spontaneous portrait right after standing up happily looking forward to something great that will happen that day.

1 Like

Can you tell something about the inspiration? It seems to be nothing directly from Anastasiya Luneva’s ArtStation page (or is it the girl study??)

You can find the 2D she did on her instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHFMvDyjWtT/
Mine gets graceless when you see the 2D. ahahaha

I really like the second one! And omg the hair, I love it! Although you can still see the single polys in some areas

1 Like

Oh no… the concept seems to be more a light study (except the face) and is a little rough with the hair (and ther is the background :wink: light) and yours is more stylistic… Nice.

1 Like

Don’t think so, your interpretation shows much more peace of mind and calmness. I like your version more.

2 Likes

I just realisted that i saw another one from you earlier this day while searching on ArtStation for something totally different… :crazy_face:

1 Like

ahaha really? hope you liked it.

1 Like

thanks, man! that means a lot!

They’re all really good but I like the first one best. You did a great job!

1 Like

:+1:
Great work, congrats.
I like the first one.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

While admittedly I can’t see the original, since I don’t have an Instagram account and Facebook doesn’t want people to be able to enjoy the art on Instagram any more if they aren’t willing to make an account, I still don’t believe this can be remotely true because your image is beautifully done.

I can’t imagine anyone saying your renders are “graceless.”

1 Like

I like the second one. :v:

1 Like