Super Elon

Hello. This is my most recent project, a little tribute to two things that I like. Elon( well a person), and Crysis’s Nanosuit. Crysis was the game that I was first introduced to PC gaming, and it will always have a special place in my heart.
With both Tesla Battery Day coming and Crysis Remaster launching, I wanted to do a mash up between the two and make something that I like. And so, this is my answer.
I hope you find it funny/ amused as I am, it was such a blast!

Check out my other stuff on the bottom!
https://www.artstation.com/jaychoi
https://www.instagram.com/permafrost_2020/

9 Likes

So here’s another update on Elon himself!
The next president of mars lol

Will try to add skin texture next time

3 Likes

Does anyone have a better idea how to do skin shader? Mine looks flat af

Updated his forehead!

additional improvements on his cheeks

2 Likes

wow :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Digging it. At first, thought it was a photo. Skin tones and underlying texture is superb. mouth and teeth are really great. Hair and eyebrows top notch. The beard hairs and face is great. Only thing missing is the skin of the nose and surrounding flesh. No pores or bumps - flat. At his age he would have more pronounced variation in that area.

Lighting is excellent. iYour final lighting scheme is better than that with the portrait illumination coming from the leftt. very curious how you illuminated.

The space suit is fantastic.

So yeah, your work is OK. you earned five more minutes for a smoke break.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah I def agree on the details not enough on his nose. Will have to get back to that- thanks for pointing that out!
The suit is from Crysis XD

Can I borrow your lights? lol

New hair style. Not sure if this is better but did it anyways. Maybe add some more randomness?

This was done before @FXR ponted out his nose not having any details of don’t hurt me pls

Although the new hair is very good, I like the former hair better. It matches his state, more military’, astronaut looking. Less disheveled.

Also regarding the lighting, the use of the blue tint area (?) light of the subjects left side still defines the shadowed areas but fills out the portrait, so its not simply stark shadowed areas.

1 Like

I think his head is way too muscular. Mostly the jaw.
The nose also is too straight. If you take a look at this pic, we can see the nose has a convex curvature.

And for the eyes, if you only look at the eyes, on some photos they almost look asian.
You are really close but there are some differences that makes it look a bit off.
But good work anyway,keep it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the input! Here’s updated version with less toned jaw and more croocked nose.
I really tried hard with the eyes, but they ended up looking awful so I had to roll back :cry: :cry:

@FXR dude I just realized that after I uploaded it lol. I’ll pull another render with the fixed lighting thanks!

Oh also this version has new skin shader XD

Hello. This is my most recent project, a little tribute to two things that I like. Elon( well a person), and Crysis’s Nanosuit. Crysis was the game that I was first introduced to PC gaming, and it will always have a special place in my heart.
With both Tesla Battery Day coming and Crysis Remaster launching, I wanted to do a mash up between the two and make something that I like. And so, this is my answer.
I hope you find it funny/ amused as I am, it was such a blast to make this!

Super Elon Artstation

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Thanks!!!

1 Like

looks fab !