following composition was supposed to be a quick Yafray check on lightning (once again) but I got stuck and played with it for a while. I still think it’s not perfect, but I guess it’s as far as I can get with what I know now.
Modelingtime was about half an hour, with all prerenders and checkups it took me about 6-8 hours to find the right lightening inside blenders bazillion options. Rendered, of course, with Yafray in about 10 minutes. Originally it was a bright setup with caustics, DoF and HDRI which of course increased the rendertime dramatically. I decided to go with a dark, more simple setup to have them superballs as an eyecatcher. Learned quite a bit about light from it (even if it might not be obvious in the final).
And a little more lightbulby version: