Supercomputer + lux.

Hey all,

I’ve been playing with lux renderer lately, It’s an amazing piece of software and so easy to use, i’d recommend it!

Anyway, here is a work in progress model of a super computer, it’s based on a cray super computer, although the majority of the parts are just whipped up from the imagination.

I plan on modeling a cooling and PSU unit in the floor section and glass front, i also planning on making a room and having several of these machines wired up (were talking thousands upon thousands of wires at the back).

Anyway, this is after 34 minutes of rendering.

Attachments

that’s pretty cool! I gotta look into Lux, all I hear is good things about it.

NOObhaxor: Thanks =D

Here is another update, it hasn’t been rendering for very long, a few minutes i think.

I’ve started to add some more details, i think i’ll let this render render for a few more minutes and then stop it, but i’ll just post an image now.

Attachments

nice! it reminds me of Wargames.

A few updates.

Attachments

I like the last one in the series of three.

This is a little disappointing, I read the title and at first thought that you were running Lux on a super computer… :stuck_out_tongue:
but I guess making one is next best, at least when it is one like you have going, love it!

I’ve just started to try lux as well and I agree that it is a really nice renderer. :cool:

Haha yea that’d be something, although i don’t think i’d be getting very far. Mobile phones are more faster than the cray super computers, says alot doesn’t it :wink:

Another render, 7 hours for this, then i find out that i need to use portals on the windows :eek:… Ah well at least using lux gives me the chance to play guitar :RocknRoll:

Attachments

wow…had you let those render a little longer to get the grain down, I would have thought those were photos
awesome work dude

Nice work Daniel8488 I have to agree with jeepster if you had let the render run longer to remove as much of the grain as possible those renders would look like photos.

I just started using LuxRender myself and am impressed by it, some of their renders esp some watches in their gallery could have fooled me into believing the where photos