[Survey] a quick survey about composite nodes!

Dear all,

just wonder how many of you actually using blender composite for your project, and which kinda composite nodes you wanna see in blender?
what kinda nodes you guys wanna see in blender but still missing by far? or is there anything like “drop shadow nodes” which attached in this post do any help to speed up your work flow?

thanks for both your answer and patient on this,

Cheers,

aYenDropShadow.blend (571 KB)

Well, there would definitely be uses for this type of node… but what would be way way more helpful is a shadow catcher node in cycles.

Is the drop shadow able to animate?

hi harleynut97,

first of all, shadow catcher, matte shadow, use BG… those are the name of this function called in other applications, I believe blender has couple ways to do that in cycle render too. but pain if you have to make up the node network or go through the render setting, select settings here, deselect layers there… it just not cool.

those nodes are all made up in one single shader in other applications, like shadow catcher for C4D, matte shadow for 3ds MAX or XSI, use BG for Maya…

it would be nice if we can share all those node presets we have for blender, here or somewhere else, then everything should on the go when you import those nodes setting in your blender!

and for your question, yes, it animatable, just play with it, and let me know if there’s something you’d like it to change to be better.

I believe blender has couple ways to do that in cycle render too. but pain if you have to make up the node network or go through the render setting, select settings here, deselect layers there… it just not cool.

Yep… I’ve seen all the tricks and workarounds, and complicated node setups and they all suck, and are a big pain and timewasting propostion to set up. To worry about pie menus, ubershaders and all this other stuff in cycles before a workable solution for a shadow catcher node or material along with the ability to bake in cycles, makes no sense to me as an artist.

I’ll have to experiment with the animation on your add on.

I use the compositor nodes all the time and it would be great to have a general denoise tool. I know that the best ones have temporal analysis (for movie input) and this is not available to Blender (unless you use drivers on input nodes). But there must be a better solution than despeckle?

Also there are no shear or other 2d distortion type nodes. Ideally they would enlarge the source image area to accommodate any change and allow you to choose wrap.

I use blender with Editshare’s lightworks as a helper app. I would like to see a secondary color corrector node. I would like gradient mask node or have the ability to use the colorramp node for the same effect.

You can construct a secondary CC with nodes parts already (keyer is quite good) and mask tool in conjunction with tracker is excellent for CC effects. How would you use the color ramp?

hi guys,

I find this useful for you guys who using blender to composite and do post process, and I’ll send my drop shadow there too. encourage you guys to do so. contribute your own preset and make it powerful.

Cheers,

aYen