Surviorman game: UPDATE:DEMO!

not to bad. but you should have your texture for the snow to be stretched like that. Gimp can make a big texture with out making it look like it has been strected. its a good start though.

is that a render?

Yes it’s a render.

Wow, social, you didn’t say anything negative this post!:eek: Anyway…I hav a demo ready, it is a simple fps vesion.
http://www.savefile.com/files/240755
W=forward
S=backward
D=right
A=left

OMG. Downloading at 6 kb/s :eek:
when i get it I’ll update this post.

Edit:
This application has failed to start because pthreadVC2.dll was not found…

my home pc usually downloads stuff at 8000 bytes or close to that. 3 hours for a ten mb file.

Do us a favor and post “updates” when the game is half done, and there is actually something worthy of being called an “update”

We don’t need to know about every piece of scrap that you pluck out of your head and into the game space on a daily basis. Believe it or not, it not as interesting as you think it may be.

There, how’s that :).

damn you social!

lol, its not to bad, but the ground texture inside of the igloo, you need to do something like this, go into uv face select, select all of the faces thats on the ground inside of the igloo and press u>project to view 1/1. you will get a whole lot better result that way.

thanks!
:stuck_out_tongue:

oh one more thing… why is you background/sky black? lol shouldnt it be at least light blue?

yeah, mindwarp just made a new level.

kewl, i might make a few objects here and there for the game. just when ever i get the time.

Good looking level so far. I noticed three things about the file that could use fixing. First, in at least one of the igloos there is one face (right next to the door) that is not set to double sided. You can see through it from inside, but you cannot walk through it. Makes the door a little hard to find.

Second, I thought it ran a little slow, and I was right. Why do you have “Enable all frames” turned on? It makes the game drag on slow PC’s like mine. I turned it off in the .blend and got much better performance.

Last, I noticed that the UV image “Snow.jpg.003” is dimensioned at 124x124. Since 124 is not a power of 2, the image will be scaled in memory by Blender. Maybe scale it up a bit to 128x128 (which is a power of 2) to gain a little more available memory.

the thread is disapering so…bump

thanks.:slight_smile: the level you made is not workin’. the texture i put on it messes up and goes every which way.

bump bump bump bump lol. just waiting for some more updates.

i cant blend tonight, im to tired. i will tomorow though.

tryin to keep this thread alive