SuSE 8.0!!!!

(Timonides) #1

I don’t know if there’s anyone interested, anyway I’m going to post it!!!

I’ve installed SuSE linux 8.0 on both my P.C. and my laptop…

The distro seems pretty complete (as always… :wink: ), with more than 3000 software packages and complete documentation and the installation procedure is the easiest ever!!! I haven’t encountered any problems with my configuration…

Only one minor drawback, the OS didn’t detect my windows partitions, making it impossible to boot in windows (it happened on both my computers…), but after manually editing /etc/lilo.conf and /etc/fstab, a bit, the problem was gonne!!! :smiley:

I am really happy…

skontar.

(Eric) #2

The only (big?) problem with SuSE is that it’s not free.

(bmax) #3

i agree, if it were, i wouldnt have windows on my computer anymore… jk, actually linux seems a little - err - difficult to configure, but maybe thats just me. oh yea, and besides, i was using the free ditribution of madrake 8 or whatever.

(Eric) #4

I won’t call configuring windows for “real configuring” :stuck_out_tongue: .

(Timonides) #5

Well, to tell you the truth I bought it, but I don’t really understand what you mean by saying SuSE is not free.

They seem to have a download section, where you can download SuSE linux for free…

skontar.

(Eric) #6

Well, to tell you the truth I bought it, but I don’t really understand what you mean by saying SuSE is not free.

They seem to have a download section, where you can download SuSE linux for free…

skontar.[/quote]
Well, they wont allow one to download their latest version. If the new version is 8.0, they will allow you to download 7.0. I won’t call that free as in freedom. :smiley:

(Timonides) #7

Yeah, I see your point Eric…

You are right!!! But they will have SuSE 8.0 in that download section eventually…

Anyway, from my experience (and I’m using SuSE for a long time…), I can say that SuSE distro, is one of the best!!!

Bye…

skontar.

(Eric) #8

That’s too bad :smiley:

(Timonides) #9

I suppose you’re right again… :smiley:

skontar.