SVG import

Has anyone been talking about SVG import? For the past few versions SVG import does not seem to be working. Has the workflow changed? I have tested both Adobe Illustrator and InkScape and neither seem to work. Does anyone have any information on this?

Version 2.65a (2.65a, 2012-Dec-19, Blender

OS X 10.8.2
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB

Thank you

You have to export/save your .SVG as plain SVG, no compression, no Inkscape .SVG.
There is no standard in SVG, only a “guideline”.
And Blender handles the most basic version of SVG, while AI and IS have their own version of SVG.

It does work, but what seems to have happened with the 2.65 release is that scale has been revised by developers in the SVG Import script and Import Images As Planes. Everything imports tiny now. I created a 200 point font in Illustrator (which is very large on screen). I converted it to outlines (important, SVG Import only imports outlines) and imported it into Blender. At a glance, nothing seems to have happened, but when I checked the outliner there were new curves imported. I selected them all an scaled them by 10 and finally I could see them in the viewport.

The take away is that after import you need to scale the curves up DRAMATICALY, like 10 to 50 times.

thanks for the help guys… I scaled my artwork up in AI and resaved the SVG then reimported into Blender… I does come in very tiny, but it works :-). thanks for the help