svn bf-blender

Hi don’t knowe where to post this so ido it here.
Installed bf-blender from svn with scons. But now how to start blender,
am i missing something?

installed? svn is for downloading the source code. To just run blender download it from here:

If you’ve got the source and compiled it, then it will be in an “install” directory.

Hi !

Installed bf-blender from svn with scons
You mean you downloaded SVN with scons ?
I am trying to download the SVN with Tortoise… Can you tell me how you did it with Scons ?

EDIT: nevermind: finally found how to download source with Tortoise !

Gwenouille: Well, scons is the compiler for blender. You’ll need it anyway if you’re going to build an executeable from your downloaded svn sources.

Missed the scons bit!

Ok, well if it compiled fine, go up a directory from where you ran scons and look for the “install” folder. It’ll be inside a folder in there.

On linux run ./blender in that folder.

When I install Blender using svn, and scons, I always get 2.44. Shouldn’t it be the latest version on svn?

I tried scons clean, but that didn’t help at all. To be sure it really used scon on the right download, I entered the folder while it downloaded from svn.

This is the line I use to trigger svn:
svn checkout https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/blender

I start to guess I’m using the wrong path here, but everywhere I read this is the path that is used.

@ Bartje: your path is right: downloaded latest SVN from there yesterday.

When I install Blender using svn, and scons, I always get 2.44. Shouldn’t it be the latest version on svn?

So you can run it then?

If not, how do you know the version number?

I can run both versions, 2.45 and 2.44, but using svn, it downloads 2.44.
The version number appears on start up, in the splash screen, and when Blender runs click in the help menu, and then on ‘about’.

Sorry I confused you with the OP.

Are you sure you are running the right one? I’ve downloaded with that path and got 2.45.7 quite a few times recently.

yes, I’m sure I use the right download path, it’s posted here… maybe scons uses the wrong files to build the program. I’ll try again