Swallowed by the sea - Status: nothing to look at yet. ;-)

Starting with the first time I read about Atlantis, I have been interested in this concept of the sea swallowing something up. Boats, people, sometimes entire islands.

Those that know me on this forum can tell you that I am famous for rushed, unfinished projects. :slight_smile: This time I am planning to do it right. I am going to start with drawing and painting my concept, and just plan the project properly. It’s been a while since I’ve created anything for myself, I’ve been working with Blender only on commercial projects for quite a while.

Maybe I can turn around my previous disappointment with my personal projects, and get something worth being proud of this time.

Concept: an image of an elderly man with a flowing beard emerging from the water, made of the sea itself (think Triton). Probably shot at dusk so I can incorporate some fun colors in the sky. A burning ship, possibly ravaged by pirates, headed straight into his open mouth. The inspiration is to tell the story of climate change, and the rising oceans.

Mood Board/Inspiration:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTMkhb0TiCk[/video]

“And in a single day and night of misfortune… the island of Atlantis disappeared in the depths of the sea” -Plato

Reference: